Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
St Louis police shooting trial (Read 89 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

St Louis police shooting trial
09/14/17 at 14:32:09

There was a trial by judge that ended in early August but the judge has not delivered his verdict yet. The trial was for an officer shooting. I've not followed the case very closely so I don't know the details. Feel free to look it up; Jason Stockley.

Over the past 2 weeks, BLM and other related groups, have made threats that if this cop isn't crucified, the city will burn. Some 'clergy' have gone along with that. There have been some marches blocking streets and a couple cars driving through the protestors. The city has a newly elected mayor who gave some asinine youtube statement that basically said, sure, tear the city to pieces, we won't do anything to stop you. On the other hand, the newly elected governor, a former Navy seal I believe, came out and said protest will be protected and peaceful, but don't block the streets or burn anything because that won't be tolerated. He just now put the national guard on notice. I don't think he'll hesitate to engage. After all those Ferguson business's burned, he won't want that to happen again.

Like I said, the trial ended in early August and it seems the longer it goes without a verdict, the more likely an acquittal will be. Everything seems to be building to an announcement tomorrow. The prevailing thinking is that releasing a verdict on a Friday gives the police the best opportunity to handle the riots, which will surely happen. The weather has been fantastic lately, very cool. For the weekend, back up into the 90's and heat is never good for these situations.

I have no idea if this will expand into your cities like the hands up don't shoot nonsense did. But if he's acquitted, the rioters will be out in force.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: St Louis police shooting trial
Reply #1 - 09/14/17 at 14:36:42

During court testimony, Stockley did not deny that you could hear him say, “gonna kill this mother(expletive), don’t you know it.” He said he didn’t remember it and that he was frustrated with how the chase was going. He also said he believes those few words have been taken out of context.

The pursuit ended with Stockley shooting Anthony Lamar Smith to death, with one shot so close, a shell casing landed on the suspect’s floor board.

Yeah.... sounds innocent to me..... <<<<<<sarcasm

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/14/17 at 16:14:52

The prevailing thinking is that releasing a verdict on a Friday gives the police the best opportunity to handle the riots, which will surely happen.

Huh?
Most people are off on the weekend.
Friday night, remember that?
Dumping a verdict on Friday is begging for trouble.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/15/17 at 04:30:09

Three or four school district have already canceled classes for today which seems silly to me. They say its to protect the students but aren't they potentially leaving students to either contend for themselves or in some cases, join the riots?

The Friday concept I think is to disrupt business as little as possible. Give the weekend to get the worst of the carnage out of the way. Based on the Ferguson riots, it's not like people were leaving the office to go riot. If your plan is to burn a car or throw bricks at cops, it's not too likey a significant percentage of them are big contributors to society.

The buildup to this on local news etc seems bugger than the announcement not to indict Wilson. Maybe because everyone knows the potential for violence, rioting, looting etc...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/15/17 at 08:42:36

Not guilty. $hit in the air on it's way to the fan.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 09/15/17 at 15:14:46

By now one would think it should standard operating procedure to have a body cam that does not turn off.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/15/17 at 15:23:50

From what I heard on the radio, he said he was gonna kill the guy during the chase. He walked up to his window and shot him several times. Only the cops DNA was on the gun the dead guy supposedly had.

I understand why he didn't take the jury trial. .

I'd Love to have all the evidence.
Right now, I'd say he literally got away with murder.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 09/15/17 at 16:45:27

The "system" protects itself, not the cop.
The deep pocket effect is of paramount concern to our goverment, regardless of party.

I have alluded a little bit about my experience with the "system"

I won 2 trials against it.
Won millions.

The "system" just kept shopping it, until they got a favorable outcome, in the 3rd trial.
They totally changed their story, after failing in the first two attempts.
In other words, they lied through their F UCKING TEETH.....

My pa said you can't fight city hall.....
Ya can, but you won't win.

So, yes, the system in really F'D UP, and I understand why some Blacks feel they way they do.

In the end, like my wife, attorney, etc, you just have to move on.

You will be able to read a little more of this episode in my book, but it won't really dwell too much on the injustice, no....
It will be about what you can achieve if you don't let wrongs ruin what is right, in your life.....

You guys who have never seen death, at the hands of others, you have no idea, so please, don't make a fool of yourself talking crap about what you don't know.....please.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/16/17 at 04:46:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/17 at 15:23:50:
From what I heard on the radio, he said he was gonna kill the guy during the chase. He walked up to his window and shot him several times. Only the cops DNA was on the gun the dead guy supposedly had.

I understand why he didn't take the jury trial. .

I'd Love to have all the evidence.
Right now, I'd say he literally got away with murder.

No. Read the verdict.
http://www.stltoday.com/read-the-verdict-in-the-jason-stockley-murder-case/pd...

This is why you have trials with careful deliberations of real evidence and not hearsay.

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #9 - 09/16/17 at 07:07:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/14/17 at 16:14:52:
The prevailing thinking is that releasing a verdict on a Friday gives the police the best opportunity to handle the riots, which will surely happen.

Huh?
Most people are off on the weekend.
Friday night, remember that?
Dumping a verdict on Friday is begging for trouble.

Huh?  Only the people who actually have jobs are off on the weekend!!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/16/17 at 07:18:14

Read the verdict in the Jason Stockley murder case
Judge Wilson ruled the state "failed in its burden" to prove Jason Stockley was guilty ..

Like I said
I want the evidence.
He shot the guy. DNA testing on the gun showed only Stockley handled it.
I'm sticking with my earlier post.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/16/17 at 08:50:10

If you don't read the link, don't comment. All that is discussed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 09/16/17 at 09:02:50

I clicked on it. All I got was what I posted. Paste what you want me to read.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 09/16/17 at 09:56:37

gun found in Anthony Lamar Smith’s car after then-St. Louis city police officer Jason Stockley shot and killed him had no trace of Smith’s DNA on it, DNA experts testified during the Stockley’s murder trial this week.

Stockley’s DNA, however, was present on the firearm, which prosecutors said supported their argument that Stockley planted the gun in Smith’s car after killing him.

Stockley, a white man, is

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 09/16/17 at 14:42:31

I believe it is called a throw-away?  What percentage do you think carry one?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:22:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › St Louis police shooting trial

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.