Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Facts or fiction re: Bernie's claims? (Read 18 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Facts or fiction re: Bernie's claims?
09/13/17 at 11:43:34

Here is the article, the NY times will not allow C&P, sorry.

He says we pay 10,000 bucks per person, a year.
He says Britain, Germany, French and Canadians pay half of that amount, get better care, and have longer life expectancy, and better pediatrics, natal care, etc.

He further states our system was not designed to provide quality care, only profits .
He states as well medicare is COST effective.....HUH?

Read the story, see if you can find if this stuff is true, I can't.

I'm thinking if medicare that he claims is popular, guaranteeing comprehensive health care, etc, is as he says, this would be a slam dunk....
Even IF the BIG medical industry lobbied hard against it.

I am ALL ears  Smiley

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/opinion/bernie-sanders-medicare-single-pay...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Re: Facts or fiction Bernie's claims?
Reply #1 - 09/13/17 at 12:37:20

I lived 22 years in France, 20 in England, and 27 in the USA. I can vouch healthcare is both cheaper and better in Europe. I still like living in the US better, but certainly not because of the healthcare system. I am on Medicare, and its administration is certainly cumbersome.  That being said, I am glad I had the opportunity to sign up for Medicare.

If only Medicare could negotiate the cost of prescription drugs, instead of having big pharma charge whatever they like, that would be a first step in reducing the costs. The same drugs, same dosage, can cost five times more in the US than in England or France.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/13/17 at 12:44:13

Thank you, can you elaborate more?
I'm looking for real stories, experiences  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/13/17 at 14:49:15

Medicare for all currently has about an 80% positive poll.

Yeah, it's a slam dunk.  Look at JLC's comment.

Again, not that you're gonna respond - but I currently pay about $7500 a year for my insurance premium.  That doesn't include OOP/copays.

If a plan came along and taxed me even half that, I'd sign up on day one.  Then, I'd go out and get a supplemental plan for a few more bucks.  At the end of the year, I'd still be making out a lot better.

But sadly, it's never gonna pass - see my post about Bern.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #4 - 09/13/17 at 14:54:03

#1)  JLC is correct about the cost of oerscription drugs.... Undecided
#2) Medicare payment to doctors and providers is based on the federal governments' algrarythm of your state's "cost of living"...i.e. New Mexico 's "cost of living" is lower than California. So a California quack gets more for the same services than my local quack. 
#3) Medicaid is administered by the state, not the federal government.   New Mexico does NOT require US citizenship to receive Medicaid.     I have the feeling that a "one payer" system would be administered in the same manner as medicaid.. Sad

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:17:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Facts or fiction re: Bernie's claims?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.