50/50 Lemon? (Read 286 times)
tomatolord
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 50/50 Lemon?
Reply #15 - 08/25/17 at 08:02:18

did your bike have any miles on it?  

MAYBE - it just sat a while with gas in it and it just needs to be cleaned out?  

Since its in warranty I would take it back to dealer and have them tune it up.

I would not ride an twitchy bike 500 miles but hey that's me.

Or

Bite the bullet and learn to wrench it your selves because in the long run you are NOT going to be driving 500 miles for fixes or any other issues.

Me I have a local bike guy that anything I cant do I work with him to do it.

Tomatolord.

IP Logged
lilttlefoot
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brooklyn, NY
Re: 50/50 Lemon- MOSTLY RESOLVED
Reply #16 - 09/25/17 at 10:23:35

So I just wanted to close the loop on this thread and report back that changing the idle speed made a WORLD of a difference!!!

It pretty much solved problem 1, just a little gas after starting if it has been cold for a week or more.  

#2 is much less lurchy (though still a bit but it doesn't scare nearly as much as it used to! so I'll consider that almost fixed).  

#3 I now shift into second a bit lower, like my husband's bike between 1 and 2nd gears.  The higher gears there is still a bit of a discrepancy but it's totally ok to me.

#4, I think I will have to take to a dealer to check out further but it is not preventing me from riding.

#5, yeah- they both still backfire a lot but mine is backfiring less, now.

#6, we took them on a 180 mile r/t journey and during that time the brakes started off squealy, grew quiet and now squeal again.  BUT they dont' squeal quite as loud so I'll take it!

Thank you all for responding so clearly to my post.  Just that one little screw turn has made a huge difference on my bike and I felt confident enough to take her out on a longer trip!   Cheesy

2017 Stock S40 with an Engine Guard
  IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 50/50 Lemon?
Reply #17 - 09/26/17 at 20:05:24

My 2012 left me frustrated for some time with lurching, backfiring, and rough idle. Here they talk about the idle mix screw under a sealed brass cap. Don't void your warranty, but that cap needs to be removed and the mix properly set. The factory leans these bikes out really far to meet emission requirements. I ran mine at half-choke for a long time which really helped. If you can only get E10 gas, consider adding a fuel stabilizer like STA-BIL at every fill-up. It helps a bunch and really reduces the backfiring.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:37:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 50/50 Lemon?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.