Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Another new toy, Another new forum... (Read 1117 times)
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Re: Another new toy, Another new forum...
Reply #90 - 09/25/17 at 10:34:33

Another pic of the followers...

followersbetterpic2.jpg
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #91 - 09/25/17 at 11:12:11

Christof13T

I already had a 97mm Wiseco piston in the engine, it just sat for a bit too long and when I did start it the rust that developed around the rings caused the piston to be yanked sideways and that started the damage...but it still ran.  The cylinder had some aluminum stuck to it; REALLY HARD; but I was able to scrap it off and the honed the cylinder again.  So I got a new piston and ZOOM ZOOM !

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #92 - 09/25/17 at 11:16:49

Christof13T wrote on 09/24/17 at 23:33:47:
The jug.

This reminded me a lot of what my piston looked like.  At first glance it looked as though there was a groove in the wall, but when you slide your fingers over it you felt the slight hump of aluminum.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #93 - 09/25/17 at 11:23:51

Your cylinder reminded me of what mine looked like, except that the mark on the wall looked like a groove, while actually mine was a slight hump caused by an aluminum deposit from when the piston was yanked sideways.  I carefully scrapped it off and honed it again and it was good to go.

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #94 - 09/25/17 at 15:24:26

I know it sat for a year or a little longer, in the weather before I brought it home... and before that I think it had sat for a few years prior to the p.o. I bought it from riding it home to his house and parked it... (40 miles or so).

I could probably get away with just honing and putting in a fresh piston... but why not go big for what it costs?

I don't think I mentioned what I paid for the bike...
I got this thing for 450$ U.S. with a clean title.
So I feel like whatever I put into it will be money already saved.. so what the hell right? Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #95 - 09/25/17 at 16:57:52

Christof13T wrote on 09/25/17 at 15:24:26:
I know it sat for a year or a little longer, in the weather before I brought it home... and before that I think it had sat for a few years prior to the p.o. I bought it from riding it home to his house and parked it... (40 miles or so).

I could probably get away with just honing and putting in a fresh piston... but why not go big for what it costs?

I don't think I mentioned what I paid for the bike...
I got this thing for 450$ U.S. with a clean title.
So I feel like whatever I put into it will be money already saved.. so what the hell right? Grin

I like your thought process ! 😎🏍😁🚁😎

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #96 - 09/26/17 at 06:28:10

That piston and cylinder look bad, but your friggin shop looks worse!  Organizes chaos my @ss!  Ha, ha....

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #97 - 09/26/17 at 07:12:16

ohiomoto wrote on 09/26/17 at 06:28:10:
That piston and cylinder look bad, but your friggin shop looks worse!  Organizes chaos my @ss!  Ha, ha....

Tripping over crap prompted me to organize a bit.
There was an 07 hyundai tiburon taking up my long bay at the time I took the pictures...

I just got rid of a bunch of crap I was never gonna use to make more room lol. Still need to get rid of a Mercedes R170 supercharged 4 banger sitting under the plastic in the left of the picture, a 7.3 powerstroke on a pallet right in front of that... the darn jukebox and arcade machine that I will never touch lol. Junk! Junk Everywhere!

The little 110cc chicom quad in front of the bikes is a kid's from down the road... He ran it without an air filter until it wouldn't run anymore lol. So it too is in need of a new jug and piston...
I don't understand the kids of this new age...
He only needs to come up with like 60$ and he will have a new jug, piston, and carb on it rocking and rolling... It's been in my garage for 2 months now and the little sucker just spent all his birthday money on one of those stupid hoverboard deathtrap things you see on all the youtube fail videos lol. Dood could have had one heck of a china quad for that 250$ or so lol.

It gets to be very challenging to keep organized with all I have going on. I regularly have to change setups between mechanical/engine work... to machine work... to carpentry when its time to build hives and whatnot. So between tooling and materials storage I run out of space quickly. Thinning down is helping. I mean... who the hell needs 6 weed eaters lol?!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #98 - 09/26/17 at 16:25:30

So how many hives do you have ?
Do you have SUPERS on any ? 1-2-3 stacks ?

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #99 - 09/26/17 at 22:18:37

LANCER wrote on 09/26/17 at 16:25:30:
So how many hives do you have ?
Do you have SUPERS on any ? 1-2-3 stacks ?

Before the hurricane we were up to 150+ hives spread across 5 bee yards.

We are still finding bits and pieces of hives scattered deep into the brush, but currently estimate we lost 50-60 hives between wind and flooding.

We have 10 or so Langstroth hives... They are just kind of playtoy hives for us. We focus primarily on top bar style hives. I work in a partnership with my beekeeping mentor doing live bee colony removals and relocations. We specialize in very aggressive colonies and structure extractions, and subsequent domestication of feral bees. Every one of our colonies was either from a live removal, or split from a colony that we removed. I am babysitting 1 Langstroth for a buddy that has a commercial BeeWeaver colony in it AND I HATE THEM! lol I'll take my bulletproof, hearty, mean as Hell - South Texas Africanized mutts any day of the week over a commercial colony. The beekeeping community has done a serious disservice to the honeybee by coddling the species over the last 75-100 years.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #100 - 09/27/17 at 03:25:39

WOW, that's a mess of bees !

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #101 - 09/27/17 at 07:01:26

LANCER wrote on 09/27/17 at 03:25:39:
WOW, that's a mess of bees !

A mess of little flying dollar signs lol.
The mess really comes around when it's time for honey harvesting.
(Which will happen here in the next few weeks if the weather cooperates)

We are estimating that even with the damage from the storm, we should pull 100+ gallons of honey this season.

The following link is to my apiary's Facebook page if anybody has an interest:

http://www.facebook.com/awesomebees

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #102 - 10/22/17 at 03:28:14

Just a minor update...

New Wiseco 97mm piston is ordered and should be here in the next day or two!

While the bike has been sitting in pieces I have taken the opportunity to freshen up the paint on the frame and polish most of the chrome. It came out way better than I expected for how bad some of it was when I started on the buffer. Burned out my buffer polishing stuff lol.

Really hoping stuff around the house (and my dang truck) stops breaking though so I can have some time to work on the Savage.

With my current situation with vehicles... The Savage will likely be ridden primarily by my better half to and from work. With that being the case... I have started prodding for suggestions on appearance modifications. She is leaning toward a semi-bobber build. Airbox delete, Battery relocate, rear fender chop, bobber saddle. Possibly extended controls. Fenders and tank are getting rhino lined.

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #103 - 10/25/17 at 17:58:47

So I'm ready to order a gasket set to get this ball rolling as soon as the jug and piston come back from boretech. I'm having difficulty finding a gasket set for 2006 year model engines. Does it matter? Will a set listed to fit up to 2004 fit the 2006?

Jug and piston are getting sent off tomorrow!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #104 - 10/25/17 at 18:41:56

Who's putting rings in?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:31:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another new toy, Another new forum...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.