lean or rich?? (Read 372 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: lean or rich??
Reply #15 - 03/30/18 at 13:32:16

Is your idle speed right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 04/03/18 at 12:30:15

You can check idle speed by warming the motor ,finding a level road, put the bike in first gear , throttle closed ,it should idle down the road at between 13-15kph.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Tobias dk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/17/18 at 06:06:45

im gonna try the "idle ride" and see what the speedometer says. just spoke to a colleague, he was "certain" it was the diaphragm in the carb  that was busted, what do you think? the only one i can find is 260$, so that would suck ass. also just found out that there is a leak in my exhaust pipe (which is just a straight pipe), so im gonna try to fix that to and get back to you. thank you for your replys!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/17/18 at 08:17:32

batman wrote on 04/03/18 at 12:30:15:
You can check idle speed by warming the motor ,finding a level road, put the bike in first gear , throttle closed ,it should idle down the road at between 13-15kph.

None of my bikes do that, they die.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 04/17/18 at 08:35:26

Mine does it.
If your bike won't roll, idling in first on level ground, something is wrong.
Does it roll okay in neutral?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/17/18 at 09:29:15

They roll fine in neutral, but my experience is they die out if I don't add throttle.  I will have someone near the bikes double check as I am not able to at this time.

IP Logged
kojones

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Finland
Reply #21 - 04/17/18 at 09:50:32

Tobias dk wrote on 04/17/18 at 06:06:45:
im gonna try the "idle ride" and see what the speedometer says. just spoke to a colleague, he was "certain" it was the diaphragm in the carb  that was busted, what do you think? the only one i can find is 260$, so that would suck ass. also just found out that there is a leak in my exhaust pipe (which is just a straight pipe), so im gonna try to fix that to and get back to you. thank you for your replys!

I wouldn't replace the diaphgram, I would replace the carb. Used BS40 from eBay is a bit of gamble, but I would go for the VM36.

Albeit, a new diaphgram can be bought for 72 euros incl. shipping to Denmark.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #22 - 04/17/18 at 19:23:52

If the diaphragm in the carb was bad it would limit the slide opening, causing a lean condition ,and you would not find soot on the plug. I'd be looking at what would make things change , and run rich . petcock (Raptor-first and foremost), use of large jets (soot build up on the plug over time), damaged float bowl inlet valve(ring around the tip), improper float level height ( to high),damaged O-ring on the outside of the float valve seat.

IP Logged
Tobias dk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 04/24/18 at 23:21:06

okay. so the last couple of days it has been running smooth and nice. maybe the raptor was the right move after all.. been running with some carb ethanol, and adjusted the idle a bit, and it seems like it has done the trick!
im gonna forget about the diapragm and other carb issues for now, and just see how it goes for the next couple of weeks. thanks a lot for all your input, it is nice to know i can turn to you guys for hints and tricks!

IP Logged
drannonb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 04/25/18 at 11:42:27

Thanks IslandRoad, just picked one up!

IP Logged
Tobias dk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 05/16/18 at 08:47:06

kojones wrote on 04/17/18 at 09:50:32:
Tobias dk wrote on 04/17/18 at 06:06:45:

I wouldn't replace the diaphgram, I would replace the carb. Used BS40 from eBay is a bit of gamble, but I would go for the VM36.

Albeit, a new diaphgram can be bought for 72 euros incl. shipping to Denmark.

So it my carb has filled up my engine with gas... Just drained the oil/gas out. Maybe i will go for the vm36. Is there Any thing Else i would need? Or is it plug and play? I honestly know nothing of carb...
Br Tobias

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #26 - 05/16/18 at 16:23:25

If you have gas in your oil it has to do with your float level . either the fuel is moving around the float valve seat due to a bad O-ring, your float valve tip is worn out ( seen as a groved circle on the tip ) or the float is at an incorrect height (there's a hole in it, or it's  set wrong ).  If you don't know much about carbs setting up a VM36 may be opening a whole new can of worms.

IP Logged
Tobias dk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 05/17/18 at 11:09:08

darn, was hoping for an easy fix... So i should buy a rep Kit or what? And try changing o-rings and stuff?

IP Logged
kojones

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Finland
Reply #28 - 05/17/18 at 11:46:20

Tobias dk wrote on 05/17/18 at 11:09:08:
darn, was hoping for an easy fix... So i should buy a rep Kit or what? And try changing o-rings and stuff?

Replace your needle valve and seat. Should fix your problem and can be done without taking the carb off the bike.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #29 - 05/18/18 at 17:22:22

It is an easy fix ,4 screws drop the bottom carb bowl and allows you access to the float , float valve, and both the pilot and main jets. I'd remove the carb as it makes it easier to work on ,and see what your doing , and see if you need to clean it. The last thing to do before closing it up is to set the float level.( when removing the float be careful as the pin it swings on only comes out in one direction ,be gentle so you don't break the carb body ,it's  soft metal.remove the jets and make sure all the fine holes are open . Your stalling at red lights be sure to check the pilot jet.

« Last Edit: 05/19/18 at 08:18:13 by batman »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:48:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › lean or rich??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.