I feel hurt........ (Read 20 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I feel hurt........
08/10/17 at 10:21:23

I have been told some really hurtful things on this site.
I have been told my faith is a fairy tale.
That I am an idiot.
Stupid.
Racist.
Sexist.
Bigot.
Are my hands too small?
Etc.

It hurts.

I think you should be able to say whatever you want, I really do, as long as it doesn't hurt me.

I believe too, that freedom is good for all.
Like in a country that is ruled by a dictator, who extends freedoms to other, invites folks to have free elections.
Free elections to choose, a leader, as long as they choose, him.

A liberal mind lacks the ability to see the obvious, blinded by their feelings, and emotions, as evidenced, here, in this memo from Goggle.

The disconnect is troubling.

Note to employees from CEO Sundar Pichai
Sundar Pichai
CEO GOOGLE
This note was sent to Google employees this evening. -Ed.

This has been a very difficult time. I wanted to provide an update on the memo that was circulated over this past week.

First, let me say that we strongly support the right of Googlers to express themselves, and much of what was in that memo is fair to debate, regardless of whether a vast majority of Googlers disagree with it. However, portions of the memo violate our Code of Conduct and cross the line by advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace. Our job is to build great products for users that make a difference in their lives. To suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not OK. It is contrary to our basic values and our Code of Conduct, which expects “each Googler to do their utmost to create a workplace culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias and unlawful discrimination.”

The memo has clearly impacted our co-workers, some of whom are hurting and feel judged based on their gender. Our co-workers shouldn’t have to worry that each time they open their mouths to speak in a meeting, they have to prove that they are not like the memo states, being “agreeable” rather than “assertive,” showing a “lower stress tolerance,” or being “neurotic.”

At the same time, there are co-workers who are questioning whether they can safely express their views in the workplace (especially those with a minority viewpoint). They too feel under threat, and that is also not OK. People must feel free to express dissent. So to be clear again, many points raised in the memo—such as the portions criticizing Google’s trainings, questioning the role of ideology in the workplace, and debating whether programs for women and underserved groups are sufficiently open to all—are important topics. The author had a right to express their views on those topics—we encourage an environment in which people can do this and it remains our policy to not take action against anyone for prompting these discussions.

The past few days have been very difficult for many at the company, and we need to find a way to debate issues on which we might disagree—while doing so in line with our Code of Conduct. I’d encourage each of you to make an effort over the coming days to reach out to those who might have different perspectives from your own. I will be doing the same.

I have been on work related travel in Africa and Europe the past couple of weeks and had just started my family vacation here this week. I have decided to return tomorrow as clearly there’s a lot more to discuss as a group—including how we create a more inclusive environment for all.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I feel hurt........
Reply #1 - 08/10/17 at 10:42:50

An honest read of those pages leaves no room to interpret it as judgmental. It's just an honest evaluation of REALITY.
The radical left want it both ways.

Women SHOULD be pushed into the positions discussed.
Why?
Because THEY Bring New and Different ways to the workforce.

BUT,
They are Just like MEN!
Pick one, morons..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 08/10/17 at 11:26:01

Jog....

I just thunk this up, all bys meself  Grin

"Person who talk out of both sides of their mouth, can never speak the truth, straight in front of them......"

What you think buddy?  Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/10/17 at 11:28:12

I find no fault.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 08/10/17 at 12:00:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/10/17 at 11:28:12:
I find no fault.

You can't do better, like an "atta boy"?

Gee, maybe I should buddy up with TT then  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 17:22:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I feel hurt........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.