Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Why I avoid most bikers (Read 358 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Why I avoid most bikers
08/09/17 at 10:38:26

So Monday was interesting.  I wanted to test some custom fabricated 1" engine bars and had a 883 Custom sitting pretty much unused so it was a perfect candidate for some dragging/dropping tests.

The guy I bought it from passed the lot where we were using the bike (with landowner permission) proceeded to yell at my staff then came back with 5 more guys.  I got the call that the Sheriff had been notified but that there were 6 guys stopping the crew because they had no right to be dragging/destroying the bike.

I bought it over a year ago, its titled and insured in my name but the previous owner didn't like seeing his old bike that he chose to sell being drug across some pavement.  So his buddies had to come help him interfere with my business.  This is just one example of the nonsense I see with a some of the MCs in my area.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Why I avoid most bikers
Reply #1 - 08/09/17 at 11:46:40

You were
Function Testing
crash bars by dragging YOUR motorcycle around?
That's Frikken hilarious..
Sold it and gave up all rights to it. His butthurtedness is not your concern.
Any LEO who gets involved other than to tell him STFU is wrong.
I hope you were dragging it with a foreign built anything..
You're the Shitz dude..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/09/17 at 15:52:02

My staff called local law enforcement once the riders made it clear they wouldn't "let this bullshit continue".  By the time they arrived things had been settled.

We already had the activity cleared as the lot was along a 55mph road and was long enough to safely stop the drop-rig within it.  As long as we had the private property cleared and safety-coned everything was ok.

When I arrived the previous owner stated he wouldn't have sold me the bike if he knew what I was going to do with it.  Again I wonder why, at least in my case, motorcyclists are emotionally connected to bikes that aren't their own.  This forum is an example incidentally which I've commented on previously.

I've gotten more "learn to ride/wrench or get off the forums" messages from here than any other automotive group I've been around.  I don't have incidents where other classic Cadillac owners get on me for tearing up my convertible.

IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - 08/09/17 at 16:53:20

Another victim of anthropomorphism - the attribution of human traits, emotions, and intentions to non-human entities. I'm surprised the PO didn't make a report to child protective services. Or, depending on the age of the bike, adult protective services.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/09/17 at 16:54:31

Howcum you messed up a Cadillac?
How did the bars on the HD work out?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 08/09/17 at 17:11:47

Around here in Daytona Beach the Harley knuckle draggers brag about burning rice burners during Bike Week. There are a bunch of bars I try to keep out of during the event. It's gotten better but been told more than once "If it's not a Harley it's not a bike". It was your bike, too bad the PO was a jerk. It's really funny, paybacks are a b1tch.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 08/09/17 at 19:54:37

I would have been tempted to do a couple extra donuts with the bike in tow and then got going in a straight line,

And then slammed on the brakes and maybe backed over it !

When I bought my RYCA donor bike , after I paid her I told her my plans for the bike to see her reaction( wanted to see her squirm when I told her I was going to cut it up ) she shrugged and said send me a pic when it's done. No Fun At All !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 08/09/17 at 20:28:55

On the flip side you wouldn't drag the American flag thru a mud hole in front of a bunch of well armed US Marines ! Cause dragging that Harley was the same thing to him and worth fighting over !  Both actions could  
be dangerous to your well being !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/10/17 at 05:56:36

Ruttly wrote on 08/09/17 at 20:28:55:
On the flip side you wouldn't drag the American flag thru a mud hole in front of a bunch of well armed US Marines
----------------------

I wouldn't be so sure about that!  We are talking about Eegore.  He goes about things a little "differently" than most.   Grin

Eegore, I say that with a bit flattery and respect.  I actually thought you might have been trolling when you first got on here.  I've come to realize you're part mad scientist.  That's cool, you keep on truckin and do it your way.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 08/10/17 at 06:05:43

Stupidest BS thread I've read in the cafe for quite some time. Going for a ride on my Sportster now. Y'all have a nice day. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 08/10/17 at 07:01:13

oldNslow wrote on 08/10/17 at 06:05:43:
Stupidest BS thread I've read in the cafe for quite some time. Going for a ride on my Sportster now. Y'all have a nice day. Roll Eyes

Oldnslow , FYI , I ride a Sporty too ! However I do not attend the Church of Harley Davidson !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 08/10/17 at 07:56:39

Ruttly wrote on 08/10/17 at 07:01:13:
oldNslow wrote on 08/10/17 at 06:05:43:

Oldnslow , FYI , I ride a Sporty too ! However I do not attend the Church of Harley Davidson !

Neither do I. I like and have ridden, a lot of different motorcycles, and I appreciate them for what they are. The folks I'm acquainted with who happen to ride Harleys are neither "knuckle draggers" or a*sholes. The folks who call them names because of the brand of bike thy happen to like, most assuredly are however.

As far as most of this thread is concerned I stand by by contention that it's stupid. And that includes the OPs story that started it off. Load of crap. Doubt if there is even a kernel of truth to that yarn.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/10/17 at 09:32:04

Ruttly wrote on 08/09/17 at 20:28:55:
On the flip side you wouldn't drag the American flag thru a mud hole in front of a bunch of well armed US Marines ! Cause dragging that Harley was the same thing to him and worth fighting over !  Both actions could be dangerous to your well being !

Actually if they were worthwhile Marines they wouldn't do anything about a US citizen damaging a US flag.

The engine bars held up fine but the concern was where the plate and bolts interfaced.  They did ok, its hard to make them too weak without doing it on purpose I believe.

As for the Cadillac a failed hydraulic resulted in bending the top cover frame so we decided to Mad-Max the vehicle, black primer tear out the seats etc. Got a little confusion on why given its value kept original is all.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #13 - 08/10/17 at 10:07:43

There is a difference between "bikers" and "motorcyclists".

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #14 - 08/10/17 at 10:12:24

Splain it Gary , I want to hear this one Grin

The Topic Terminator