Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We have a right and duty to protect ourselves (Read 53 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
We have a right and duty to protect ourselves
08/05/17 at 11:56:39

https://fee.org/articles/why-it-matters-that-some-rights-are-inalienable/

In some places the government encroached on our rights to be armed and able to defend ourselves.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: We have a right and duty to protect ourselves
Reply #1 - 08/05/17 at 21:06:30

If everyone who owns a gun were responsible, it would be a better world.  The foolish mom in Conn. who brought her weird son to the range and failed to properly secure her weapons from him is a prime example why many of us do not like automatic weapons in the hands of the public.  And since our country is always at war, we have already given up our inalienable rights to life.  Our right to Liberty is a sham, with state governments allowing private corporations to run prisons etc.

And it should be noted that some mass murders use knives and/or machetes.  But the right to bear arms, is enumerated as the right to bear arms, as part of a well organized militia.  Most weapons were maintained in the community armory -visit colonial Williamsburg for a historical example.

Were has our right to protect ourselves been broken, are there still states that punish you for protecting your own (English law) castle to include your car?  Clearly the police feel they can break into your house or car when they want, if you are to believe the news, or t.v.

Clearly, given the latest police planting evidence videos, we should be allowed to have a lawyer accompany any police search of our domiciles or auto..and what a mess that would be.  All of which should require warrants signed off on by judges.

Is that enough butane for the day? Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 08/05/17 at 22:04:24

Oh man, sorry, I can't resist......  Kiss

If everyone who owns a gun were responsible, it would be a better world.

IF...... everyone were RESPONSIBLE, we'd need NO guns  Grin

But sadly, we needed to create victims, absolved from responsibility to self, so those seeking power can use our vote, on a promise by them, to take care of all our needs.

Co-dependency, living a dream like a nightmare.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 08/06/17 at 13:56:00

Well, I am confused.  There is always competition, which can lead to anger and lashing out.   Especially if It is for basic life supporting stuff like housing and food., and yes, medical care.

Besides anger, there are always affairs and some of them lead to the desire to eliminate a present other.  We need guns, to protect ourselves from the wild, animal and human, and the greedy.  

What I do  NOT understand is the leap to victims and absolved responsibility to self.   What ship just landed on your shores??? Wink

If it was a US Destroyer, do not get mad, they apparently can't avoid getting hit. Shocked Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 08/06/17 at 14:00:12

You're confused?
I read your post twice and I still have no idea what you are saying.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 08/06/17 at 16:12:09

Yeah, I am not sure either what he is trying to say.
Perhaps the definition of victim, is subjective, to him????
Let me put it in this context perhaps....

Being of able body, and mind, yet instead of providing for self, choose to let others meet your needs.
The reasons for doing so can vary greatly, however, the self worth one acquires in doing their best to achieve their own needs, will always escape those who relinquish control of their lives to others.

In fact, I would say they sold themselves out, too cheaply, and those doing the purchasing, know it, and capitalized upon it.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 08/06/17 at 16:21:24

raydawg wrote on 08/05/17 at 22:04:24:
Oh man, sorry, I can't resist......  Kiss If everyone who owns a gun were responsible, it would be a better world.  
IF...... everyone were RESPONSIBLE, we'd need NO guns  Grin  But sadly, we needed to create victims, absolved from responsibility to self, so those seeking power can use our vote, on a promise by them, to take care of all our needs.  Co-dependency, living a dream like a nightmare.....  

“…IF…… everyone were RESPONSIBLE, we’d need NO guns…”

I agree, people would not need a firearm for,  ‘self defense’.
        If, EVERYBODY, was Responsible.

A Gun, as a  ’Sporting’, item, (which 98+% in the USA  Are)
Taking all of them away,      because, less than 2%, are needed for S.D.
(And that will happen, When we have Warp Drive, Hollo Decks, and Telotransportation)

That would be like taking away, ALL, the  Golf Clubs, Hockey Sticks, Tennis Rackets, B.B. Bats, Etc, Etc.

But then again,  Because I don’t play Golf,
I have  NO  desire to BAN, all  Golf  Clubs.

And  Please, don’t pull a  ‘Drive By’, and post nonsense.
Saying a,  (Golf Club), has not EVER, Killed somebody !

"Using a mechanical device, to ignite a rapidly expanding gas, to propel a heavy object."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 08/06/17 at 16:36:45

Those Sporting Guns are useful for defense. That they are used for sport doesn't mean people don't have a right to the tools of self defense.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 08/06/17 at 17:50:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/06/17 at 16:36:45:
Those Sporting Guns are useful for defense. That they are used for sport doesn't mean people don't have a right to the tools of self defense.

Sure, they can,
Just as using a  Golf Club, a  Baseball Bat, A  Screwdriver, etc. etc.

But looking at the,  ‘Futuristic’,  thing, which, ‘All men (people), are created Equal’.
And their is no more, ’need’ for, Self Defense.
Because all men, (People), are, Reasonable.

Till Then,  B.B Bats, Screwdrivers, Golf  CLUBS, Guns,
        are  ALL  in Play !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 08/06/17 at 18:42:55

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/06/17 at 19:18:33

I did.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #11 - 08/06/17 at 20:20:02

Automatic weapons are for killing humans.  Ain't no other reason for their being.  (Well, vampire hunters shooting down a cloud of bats might be the exception)

Yes, firing them is fun, but it is not why they were built.  The M-60 is more fun than the M-16; and watching the tracer rounds hone in on the target as it is getting chewed to pieces is neat.  The question is, should everyday citizens have them .

The Constitution says we, da people, have the right, in a well regulated militia, to have access to them.  Should they be in homes where children, upset spouses, and angry white/black/brown/red/purple men could get easy access, I rather hope not.  BUT, if you feel the need to overthrow the government, well  maybe.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 08/06/17 at 20:39:14

Or maybe.......

Automatic weapons are for killing humans.  Ain't no other reason for their being.  (Well, vampire hunters shooting down a cloud of bats might be the exception) and perhaps protecting yourself, and loved ones, against those who would use it to KILL HUMANS.....

Oh yeah, my bad.....
They already made laws against that  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 08/06/17 at 20:47:52

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That is a statement.
Using your expertise in the English language, explain how it's possible for the first part of the text to in any way limit or contradict the above statement .

Yeah, me neither.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 20:15:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › We have a right and duty to protect ourselves

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.