Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Test rode Harley Street 500, Vstar 250, Rebel 300 (Read 64 times)
Friedl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Test rode Harley Street 500, Vstar 250, Rebel 300
08/04/17 at 10:04:46

My girlfriend just took the course and passed her test, and we went bike shopping the other day. We went to a Honda dealer and test rode a 2015 Harley XG500, a 2012 VStar 250, and a new Rebel 300. She bought the Harley.

The VStar was fun, sounded great for such a little bike, was very comfortable, and very smooth. It just didn't have the torque or power that we were both used to from my S40. The Rebel felt stiff and not particularly comfortable, and wasn't much more powerful than the VStar. The Harley felt great, but this is what I rode for my course and test, so I was already comfortable on one. People say these aren't particularly powerful, but they have about the same torque and a little more horsepower than our bikes, and I find the vtwin a lot smoother. All in all, I think she got a great bike.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Test rode Harley Street 500, Vstar 250, Rebel
Reply #1 - 08/04/17 at 18:14:17

The XG has something strange going on with the tank and seat.  Probably trying to keep a low seat height.  That said, it's they only Harley I'd be looking at unless I was in the market for a touring bike.  

I'd do a tracker build with it of course. Smiley

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Test rode Harley Street 500, Vstar 250, Rebel
Reply #2 - 08/09/17 at 08:07:59

I find it interesting that the only difference in the Harley 500 and 750 is the piston size .    I'd choose the 500 also ... if everything in the crank-case is built to hold the 750 power , then the 500 version should last forever !    I'm sure both models have more HP than anybody really needs to do anything legal , and a lot above legal  Grin.

congratulations to the both of ya , does she pull away from ya when she wants too ?  (while ridding the bikes that is  Roll Eyes )

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:28:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Test rode Harley Street 500, Vstar 250, Rebel 300

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.