Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super 73! Vroooooom silently (Read 106 times)
whoisrawb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Super 73! Vroooooom silently
08/03/17 at 06:53:21

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Super 73! Vroooooom silently
Reply #1 - 08/03/17 at 13:41:01

Cool, but you can get a lot of motorcycle for $3,200.  The Scout for $1k might be a better value if you're not in a hurry.

IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/04/17 at 10:22:37

You may already know I'm interested in the electric bike/car/motorcycle emerging technology. I think these guys are on to something big, but much like the "Wright Flyer", this is just the beginning. My chief lament, regarding electric motorcycles, is that nobody currently offers a practical classic commuter-style design (Zero, are you listening?). This is close. Real close. But not there. My take? Start with a classic, comfortable, solo design, like the Honda CT110. Make it lightweight (200lbs), electric, rechargeable, top speed 50 mph, market for +/- $3,000, and you'll hit a home run.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 08/04/17 at 12:32:05

Get rid of the pedals , install massive battery & motor. I need eye blurring Acceleration !!! For $3200

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/04/17 at 13:30:57

I looked at a fat tire mountain bike.
list was $3000
street price was 1800
on sale for 1080

WWW   IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #5 - 08/04/17 at 19:32:17

Last month I had a guy upgrade my old but comfortable pasta powered bike to a 750w mid-drive electric (Bafang bbs02). It has pedal assist, and with it set to the highest setting (ludicrous), I can hit 32mph on flat ground. (he disabled the 20mph top speed limitation).

To get to and maintain that speed, I do have to pedal at about 90rpm.

What I like about the pedal assist is that the faster I pedal, the faster I go. Also, if I stop pedaling, the bike will begin to slow down. So...I keep pedaling. I pedal more on the electric bike that I did when it just pasta powered, just so I can satisfy my craving for speed.

I had him fit it with a 17 Amp hour, 52v battery. With this battery, I can ride the 10 miles to work and back on one charge, so, I charge it at work (because cheapo).

This is my 3rd electric bike, and the technology gets better and cheaper every iteration.

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/04/17 at 19:42:39

faster I pedal, the faster I go. Also, if I stop pedaling, the bike will begin to slow down

Sounds a Lot like my old ten speed..
Only I would leave that thing in my dust , if we could load it in the WayBakk machine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 08/05/17 at 04:51:56

I must just be too old and cranky to get with the electric fad....especially when the range and speed are so limited.  For 1/3rd this money I could buy a really nice used scooter....for half the money I could buy a really nice Ninja 250 or Rebel 250....or maybe a cool vintage Honda 50 or Honda 90 that will run almost forever with very little maintenance cost.  I like having a range that can be extended by just putting more fuel in the tank.

Now maybe if I lived in the City and could avoid paying expensive parking fees by hauling a small electric bike into my apartment and office - I could see the benefit and it might be a good investment.  I do understand that small production items like this bike are expensive to make.....the selling price most likely is reasonable for what they are making and how they are producing it - if outsourced to China it could likely be made for a lot less.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/05/17 at 05:17:48

Now maybe if I lived in the City and leaving my bike outside meant it or parts thereof would likely be gone by midnight.
A battery pack like that is worth some bucks.
We had a Honda 50 scooter in Midland. Had a blast with it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/08/17 at 10:36:49

It seems smaller bikes and scooters have caught on. China-made scooters are cheap and pretty reliable, I'm told. I have a restored '86 Honda CT110. It's a blast. At the gym, they let the scooters park on the sidewalk (the rumblers have to park in the lot) so big-truck drivers won't run them over in the lot (can't see over the hood, I guess)Grin. In Chico, you might see 4 or 5 scooters parked in one metered space at the college Cheesy. The Law seems to be OK with that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:36:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Super 73! Vroooooom silently

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.