Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Max idle with idle screw all the way in (Read 57 times)
AlexW

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Durham, NC
Max idle with idle screw all the way in
07/27/17 at 07:06:43

Stock pilot jet/muffler/filter. Noticed bike was idling really low/loping. Thought it was low on gas so flipped to Reserve and filled up. It took over 2 gallons, so I figured that was the issue, but on the way home it still wasn't right.
Now, fiddling with it, the idle speed is highest with the idle adjustment screw all the way it.

So, it's getting gas at idle from somewhere that's not the idle circuit. Stuck float, right? I've tried tapping the carb a few times with a rubber hammer and no change. Have I gotta pull the whole carb?

2012 (orange) • Dyna muffler/Oldfeller air filter • 152.5/52.5, ~2/3 spacer removed • Raptor petcock; Progressive 12" shocks.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Max idle with idle screw all the way in
Reply #1 - 07/27/17 at 08:34:33

AlexW wrote on 07/27/17 at 07:06:43:
Now, fiddling with it, the idle speed is highest with the idle adjustment screw all the way it.  

That would say your jet is too big.
But, what's the weather today?
You shouldn't tune for extreme highs or lows when a storm is blowing thru.

WWW   IP Logged
AlexW

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Durham, NC
Reply #2 - 07/27/17 at 08:45:20

It's around 85 today, but this jet has worked fine from the middle of winter (just above freezing) through the last month (pushing 100F, 90% humidity).

In other words, the weather is pretty much dead average. Everything was fine with it somewhere between 2 and 2.5 turns out.

2012 (orange) • Dyna muffler/Oldfeller air filter • 152.5/52.5, ~2/3 spacer removed • Raptor petcock; Progressive 12" shocks.
  IP Logged
AlexW

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Durham, NC
Reply #3 - 07/27/17 at 11:07:16

Complete and total idiocy strikes again.

After about a quarter hour messing around, trying different settings, trying to drain and refill the bowl to unstick the float...

Somehow, I had the choke all the way out. No idea how, since in this weather I don't even pull it all the way out to start it, but it was all the way out.

In real time: "hmm...it wants to run at this setting, it just doesn't quite catch. Maybe I'll try giving it a bit of ch- *groan*"

With hope, this'll be the last problem I have which boils down to me being stupid. Somehow, I doubt it.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #4 - 07/27/17 at 11:21:13

Black knob-choke.  Silver knob-petcock.  Roll Eyes Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home