Send Topic Print
Headlight link (Read 126 times)
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Headlight link
07/26/17 at 16:30:07

can someone please verify this link to be a really good light for our bikes.  someone here must have posted it but I can't find the thread.  probably need a relay too? thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-3-4-5-75-Inch-LED-Headlight-Daymaker-Projector-Hi-L...

"mod"... because I'm not sure if it fits the stock bucket. and I think I found some links so thanks anyway.  already got the silverstar.

« Last Edit: 07/26/17 at 17:32:47 by wakosama »  

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Re: Headlight link
Reply #1 - 07/26/17 at 17:58:16

and where do I find instruction to remove headlight and replace, and hour looking net, not in tech inndex,  handyman pics are pretty no how to.  so i got to go break somethjijng againn tired
Sad Sad Sad  one ride ijn two weeks and start mechanic again

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/26/17 at 18:32:41

you need a bezel and a bracket to fit it... might as well get it with a bucket for not much more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-3-4-Motorcycle-Daymaker-Hid-Light-Bulb-Headlight-Ho...

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 07/26/17 at 18:35:52

wakosama wrote on 07/26/17 at 17:58:16:
and where do I find instruction to remove headlight and replace, and hour looking net, not in tech inndex,  handyman pics are pretty no how to.  so i got to go break somethjijng againn tired
Sad Sad Sad  one ride ijn two weeks and start mechanic again

to remove the headlight there's 2 screws near the bottom third of the shell, remove those.
then pull the bezel forward about a 1/4" wiggle back and forth and pull down till the bezel pulls free.  then it's QED.

WWW   IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #4 - 07/26/17 at 19:01:20

Did myself again.  I hope maybe the new silverstar will be bright enough to subdue some concern...  no idea why the old one up and quit this pm. can't 'see' anything.  ask about the 'daymaker' and have to get a halogen instead. Grateful for that anyway.  I need a no-whininng pill. Undecided

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #5 - 07/26/17 at 19:24:38

WAIT... inn the meantime I didn't even see your posts BEFORE that.  Thank you, and per previous advise I took pics to reassemble.

The two screws I found.  Suzuki must use little screwdrivers.  The rubber boot and springy clips was the fun part.  latex gloves and alcohol took awhile to find to clean the bulb.  And now I can get back to adjusting the angle.

For the daymaker, this link is the complete set and I need some hardware and diy the harness maybe, and the mounts.  OK, I'm relearning mechanic stuff.  I will keep at it.  

So I got a little better bulb and better info on really better light, and more help and another lesson.  Maybe just seeing another year pass... coffee will make this better.

Thanks.  Smiley

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 07/27/17 at 04:19:48

A Daymaker is not a "bolt in" fit into the stock headlight bucket.  The stock Savage light bucket does not have a mounting ring that works with the Daymaker or other 5-1/4" style headlight lenses/reflectors.  And.....the plastic light housing on the Savage is prone to breaking and may not last very long if you do attempt to stuff a Daymaker in the plastic housing.

Here is the discussion on the Daymaker style lights.  You will need a new bucket, a Harley headlight adapter....and a Daymaker or copy.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1493316320

For a better bulb to use in the stock light......an LED light can help a lot.  I have been trying to find a bulb that is affordable and a good fit.  Here is the link:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1478175220

At the present time - this appears to the be the most affordable LED that has a lot of light and a decent light pattern.
https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headlight-Kits-COB-Adjustable-6000K-Dual/dp/B01...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
notherthumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/27/17 at 12:05:44

I installed the h4 led from superbrightleds and so far am very pleased it went into the stock bucket so its plug and play only 38 bucks bright and good pattern

2001 savage, raptor, memphis slim
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 07/27/17 at 12:25:25

notherthumper wrote on 07/27/17 at 12:05:44:
I installed the h4 led from superbrightleds and so far am very pleased it went into the stock bucket so its plug and play only 38 bucks bright and good pattern

This one?
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/center-high-mount-stop-light-bulb/mo...

Does is come apart when it is installed so that the rubber sealing boot can be used?

IP Logged
notherthumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/28/17 at 07:12:51

it is in two parts a h4 locking ring and the bulb itself if you look at the install instructions on the page you sent me it shows how

2001 savage, raptor, memphis slim
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 07/28/17 at 07:20:39

notherthumper wrote on 07/28/17 at 07:12:51:
it is in two parts a h4 locking ring and the bulb itself if you look at the install instructions on the page you sent me it shows how

Thanks - Not knowing if the light came apart for installation was keeping me from buying one of these LED's.  I bought a similar looking light and it does not come apart - luckily they came in a pair and fit my car just fine.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #11 - 07/28/17 at 14:29:22

wakosama wrote on 07/26/17 at 19:24:38:

The two screws I found.  Suzuki must use little screwdrivers.  ...

Japanese bikes don't use standard Phillips screws.  They are JIS and it's best to use the correct screwdriver or grind the tip on a standard Phillips screwdriver to seat in the JIS screw heads correctly.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 11:21:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Headlight link

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.