Send Topic Print
22%.... (Read 130 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 22%....
Reply #15 - 07/18/17 at 08:51:03

Further, speaking of the Super Bowl, the Budweiser "Immigration" ad did great for them.  Whether or not you want to admit it - this Country is center-left.

If that were true, Hilary would have been President easily.

did you  ever consider you are left and can't see the right that's all around you?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 07/18/17 at 08:53:21

I don't know Anyone who drinks Bud..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/18/17 at 09:17:39

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/17 at 08:51:03:
Further, speaking of the Super Bowl, the Budweiser "Immigration" ad did great for them.  Whether or not you want to admit it - this Country is center-left.

If that were true, Hilary would have been President easily.

No way - she was establishment, which is why we have the president we do today.  It was a vote for anti-establishment, not tweety.  (but she did win the popular vote, so...)

did you  ever consider you are left and can't see the right that's all around you?

Nope.  I see facts.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/18/17 at 09:31:14

Nope. I see facts.

Well we have facts to show you don't look at facts because as I pointed out, you repeat as a fact the woman in the Russian meeting obtained information illegally which is in fact, not a fact.

5 facts in one sentence!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/18/17 at 09:38:50

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/17 at 09:31:14:
Nope. I see facts.

Well we have facts to show you don't look at facts because as I pointed out, you repeat as a fact the woman in the Russian meeting obtained information illegally which is in fact, not a fact.

Um, I feel bad now, because you don't read my responses...

I already said that perhaps I over-assumed the legality of how the info was obtained.  As to jr - his intent was definitely illegal.

5 facts in one sentence!

But um...5 facts?  Huh?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/18/17 at 10:31:26

I already said that perhaps I over-assumed the legality of how the info was obtained

That's a pattern, not a rare mistake.

As to jr - his intent was definitely illegal.

....and repeated in the next breath!
Definitely illegal huh? Wow....  

I intend to text while driving later today. Texting while driving is illegal in certain cities in Missouri. Have I committed a crime?

If I intend to walk into a prostitutes room tonight, have I committed a crime this afternoon?

If I intend to conspire with a foreign government to affect the outcome of an election and I walk into a room with a representative of that government, have I committed a crime? From everything I've read so far, the consensus is NO. Trump Jr will NEVER be convicted of this. Never. So move on. Deal in facts, remember....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/18/17 at 11:01:21

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/17 at 10:31:26:
I already said that perhaps I over-assumed the legality of how the info was obtained

That's a pattern, not a rare mistake.  Well, fact is, I owned up to it.

As to jr - his intent was definitely illegal.

....and repeated in the next breath!
Definitely illegal huh? Wow....  

I intend to text while driving later today. Texting while driving is illegal in certain cities in Missouri. Have I committed a crime?

Nope - but if you went looking to hire someone to kill your wife, met with them, but changed your mind in the middle of it and left... guess what?

If I intend to walk into a prostitutes room tonight, have I committed a crime this afternoon?

No, but if you met with them, and then changed your mind... guess what?.....

If I intend to conspire with a foreign government to affect the outcome of an election and I walk into a room with a representative of that government, have I committed a crime?

Yes.

From everything I've read so far, the consensus is NO.

LOL - well, not on conservative sites... of course not!

Trump Jr will NEVER be convicted of this. Never. So move on. Deal in facts, remember....

52 U.S. Code Section 30121 provides that:

It shall be unlawful for—

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election …

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) … from a foreign national.

LMAO - yeah, move on indeed.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 07/18/17 at 11:33:50

If what was done was illegal, fine, deal with it appropriately.
But, After justice is served here.

Go to Bing homepage
Go to Bing homepage

clinton donations illegal
SearchRewards
WebImagesVideosMapsNews
59,900,000 RESULTSAny time
Newt Gingrich: Clinton foreign donations 'clearly' …
www.politifact.com/.../apr/26/...clinton-foreign-donations-clearly-vi
Apr 26, 2015 · The money the Clinton Foundation took from from foreign governments while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state "is clearly illegal. … The Constitution ...
Clinton supporter suspected of illegal donations | …
www.publicintegrity.org › Politics
Clinton's 2008 campaign received $50,000 from "assembly line of illegal campaign contributions."
Hillary Clinton bundler pleads guilty to illegal contributions
www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2014/04/hillary-clinton...
Apr 17, 2014 · Hillary Clinton bundler ... more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions and ... told POLITICO the unlawful donations were ...
Clinton Foundation defends foreign donations - …
www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/clinton-foundation-defends-foreign...
Feb 19, 2015 · The Clinton Foundation defended lifting its self-imposed ban on accepting foreign government donations on Wednesday, coming under scrutiny as …
Clinton accused of illegal fundraising - POLITICO
www.politico.com/.../10/clinton-accused-of-illegal-fundraising-006643
Oct 31, 2007 · Two conservative bloggers filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday alleging that Hillary Clinton accepted illegal contributions ...
Clintons befriended Chinese cook who got illegal donations ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Clintons-befriended...illegal-donations.html
Video embedded · EXCLUSIVE: How greedy Bill and Hillary Clinton befriended a Chinese fry cook in Little Rock who funneled hundreds of thousands in illegal donations …
Foreign donations to foundation raise major ethical ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/02/18/...
The Clinton Foundation has dropped its self-imposed ban on collecting funds from foreign ... which is why foreign donations directly to a campaign are illegal.
Another Hillary Campaign Bundler Hit with Federal …
freebeacon.com/politics/another-hillary-campaign-bundler-hit-with...
Another Hillary Campaign Bundler Hit with Federal ... more than $180,000 in illegal contributions to the Clinton ... for making illegal contributions to ...
Clinton Foundation admits ‘mistakes’ with foreign donations
www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/clinton-foundation...donations...
Apr 27, 2015 · A top official at The Clinton Foundation admitted the charity made "mistakes" in the way it reported donations from foreign governments.
Clinton cash: Pro-Hillary group took $200k in illegal ...
https://www.rt.com/usa/348918-clinton-illegal-campaign-donations
One federal contractor has donated $200,000 to a super-PAC backing Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, ... group took $200k in illegal donations

With all the scandal that is attached to Clinton, the left are blind, but their eye is focused on the littlest things that anyone who isn't a democrat does.
Perspective, try it.

Ohhh, the witness who was to testify died days before court.
Nothing to see there.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/18/17 at 12:21:16

2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) … from a foreign national.

None of those things occurred.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/18/17 at 12:39:19

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/17 at 12:21:16:
2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) … from a foreign national.

None of those things occurred.

Um, what about 1A?

It shall be unlawful for—

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election …

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/18/17 at 13:14:18

Assuming for a moment this is the actual language of the law (and while it's been shown  you play fast and loose with facts, we'll assume it is the actual language) read it again.

A contribution or donation of money or other thing of value. Those three things (i guess you could view them as only two, money and other thing of value) are listed as events or tangible items that must have occurred. Not implied or expressed, but MUST  have occurred.

However, the next section says there are two things that can be implied or expressed and then it list only donations or contributions, i.e. money.  

However, it does not list "other thing of value" in this section which means if other thing of value is implied but not actually delivered, it is not a violation of this law.  

In other words, if a foreign national offers you money or information (the thing of value) and you take it, that's a violation.
If they say they intend to give you money and you agree to take it, (but not at that point in time) you are in violation.
However, if they offer information but none is actually delivered, that's not a violation.

You could say that's a stretch, it was clear what his intent was. You could say that, but you could also say it's also a stretch to say someone went through the expense to install a server in her basement because it was more convenient to do so. Now that's a stretch.....!

I'll say it again. Trump Jr will not face charges over this because it's not clear any law was broken.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/18/17 at 14:29:07

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/17 at 13:14:18:

Assuming for a moment this is the actual language of the law (and while it's been shown  you play fast and loose with facts, we'll assume it is the actual language) read it again.

A contribution or donation of money or other thing of value. Those three things (i guess you could view them as only two, money and other thing of value) are listed as events or tangible items that must have occurred. Not implied or expressed, but MUST  have occurred.

Wow... ok...  so jr's intent was to what?....  You see, THAT'S the crux of it.

However, the next section says there are two things that can be implied or expressed and then it list only donations or contributions, i.e. money.  

However, it does not list "other thing of value" in this section which means if other thing of value is implied but not actually delivered, it is not a violation of this law.  

In other words, if a foreign national offers you money or information (the thing of value) and you take it, that's a violation.
If they say they intend to give you money and you agree to take it, (but not at that point in time) you are in violation.
However, if they offer information but none is actually delivered, that's not a violation.

Not a violation of the foreign national - but a violation of jr.  If you go meet with terrorists to help them out, but then change your mind as you're in the meeting... guess what?  You're guilty.

You could say that's a stretch, it was clear what his intent was. You could say that, but you could also say it's also a stretch to say someone went through the expense to install a server in her basement because it was more convenient to do so. Now that's a stretch.....!

LOL - oh right... and don't forget Benghazi!!!!!

I'll say it again. Trump Jr will not face charges over this because it's not clear any law was broken.

You can say it all you want, but my analogy is sound.  If you meet with foreign nationals with intent to break the law - even if you walk out with nothing, you're still guilty.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 07/18/17 at 14:38:24

I hope to hell you're not a lawyer and someone's counting on you...

There was no crime. Move on.

Enough said.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 07/18/17 at 14:44:05

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/17 at 14:38:24:
I hope to hell you're not a lawyer and someone's counting on you...

There was no crime. Move on.

Enough said.

I'll move on when the investigation is over.

Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 09:38:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 22%....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.