Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
LOOK OUT..... its a trap! (Read 233 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: LOOK OUT..... its a trap!
Reply #15 - 07/10/17 at 13:30:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/17 at 13:21:14:
http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/chelsea-clinton-used-foundation-to-help-pay-for-...

The emails, not called manufactured, are nothing, because of How they were made public, not because they aren't true.

Since you probably wouldn't go to the site:

The Facts

This allegation first emerged in a tweet by WikiLeaks, which highlighted a 2012 email from a former Bill Clinton aide to Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. “Chelsea Clinton used Clinton Foundation resources for her wedding,” the group tweeted the Sunday morning before election day.

Chelsea Clinton used Clinton Foundation resources for her wedding -- email from top Bill Clinton aid Doug Band https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/52046#efmABYACC

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Podesta. WikiLeaks had been doling out leaks for weeks but presumably held on to this one for maximum impact just before Election Day.

The only U.S. newspaper that reported the story was the New York Post, which ran this print-edition headline: “Bridal $weet for Chelsea; Foundation cash for nups.”

The first paragraph also stressed the cash angle: “Chelsea Clinton used her family foundation’s cash to pay for her wedding, living expenses and taxes on gifts of cash from her parents, according to a bombshell email made public Sunday.”

The story also was picked up by British tabloids, Fox News, Russian news agencies and various right-leaning websites. Fox headlined its story: “Clinton aide says Foundation paid for Chelsea’s wedding.”

But otherwise the story did not get mentioned on other networks or newspapers, except for reference to it by conservative columnist Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC.

Despite the breathless reporting, it’s hard to tell exactly what is going on in the email exchange, which is dated Jan. 4, 2012. There is no mention of actual Foundation monies being used for the wedding.

Doug Band, the former Clinton aide, first complains to Podesta that he had heard that Chelsea Clinton had told one of George W. Bush’s daughters that she was conducting an investigation of Clinton Foundation finances. “Not smart,” Band says.

Podesta replies, “You are perfecting your skills for understatement.”

“I learned from the best,” answers Band. Then he adds, ominously: “The investigation into her getting paid for campaigning, using foundation resources for her wedding and life for a decade, taxes on money from her parents….I hope you will speak to her and end this. Once we go down this road….”

So, without being specific, Band appears to be alleging Chelsea Clinton engaged in some inappropriate use of Clinton Foundation “resources” — whatever that is — for her 2010 wedding to Marc Mezvinsky. Clearly, there’s some bad blood between Chelsea Clinton and Band, who had left the foundation in 2011 to start his own company, Teneo Holdings. She had taken a stronger role in the foundation and expressed concerns over Teneo’s operations. In another email disclosed by WikiLeaks, Band called her a “spoiled brat kid.”

Band declined to comment on the wedding email, and Podesta did not respond to a request for comment.

[Update: An earlier version of this column said the Clinton Foundation was subject to Internal Revenue Service rules against self-dealing in the use of foundation resources. But the Clinton Foundation actually is not a private foundation but a public charity, and thus is covered by rules prohibiting inurement, an arcane word meaning “benefit.”  One possible use of “resources” would be foundation employees volunteering at the wedding.

“Assuming that Clinton Foundation employees happened to volunteer at the wedding, and were not doing it on their time paid as a Clinton Foundation employee, there is no way it violates the inurement rule,” said Philip T. Hackney, associate law professor at LSU Law Center. “If on the other hand, of course, these employees were paid for that time by the Clinton Foundation, that would likely violate the provision.”

Hackney added that “from what I have been able to tell the Foundation is pretty darn well run on the whole and I would not expect to engage in such an egregious violation of basic rules regarding charities.”]

But no evidence has emerged that even volunteers were used, and the Clinton Foundation denied any resources at all were diverted to the Clinton wedding. “No Foundation funds or resources were used for the wedding,” said Brian Cookstra, a Foundation spokesman, even after we ran various scenarios past him, including use of personal staff and even volunteers.

“As was reported widely at the time, the Clintons hired a wedding planner,” Cookstra said. “The planning, management, and execution of the event was handled by him, which included managing vendors, venue, etc.”

Bryan Rafanelli, the wedding planner, said that when he read a news article alleging the foundation paid for Chelsea’s wedding, he thought, “Oh come on, that’s crazy.”

Rafanelli said that he dealt with five people on the wedding: Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton, Mezvinsky and Dorothy Rodham, her grandmother. He said he arranged for the vendors, after providing options, and then planned it out “like a military operation.” He even booked the hotel rooms for guests. The only thing he did not provide was the guest list and the seating order of the guests.

“It’s one-stop shopping,” he said. “You pay Rafanelli. We pay everyone else.”

He noted that he had a staff of 25 people working on the Clinton wedding and the location — a Hudson River estate — was a secret to guests until four days before the wedding.

The cost of the wedding has never been revealed, but Rafanelli says figures in the media are exaggerated.

“The Clintons happily and proudly paid for the wedding,” said Angel Urena, a spokesman for the former president.

The Pinocchio Test

It’s important to remember that Band’s email was sent privately, with little expectation it would be aired publicly. On the one hand, that might indicate he would be more open about possible conflicts. But he was also feuding with Chelsea Clinton and so might have been inclined to exaggerate or embellish his concerns.

Even the email, at face value, does not justify the hyperbolic news coverage. There was no reference to foundation monies, just “resources.”

At the same time, the foundation, the family and the wedding planner deny the claim made in the email. This was a major social event with 450 guests, something that has to run on clockwork — at great cost. The wedding planner paid the bills and submitted one bill to the Clinton family.

We can’t really award Pinocchios here, since no specific person repeated this allegation. But we can fault the news reporting — and label this as a claim lacking any evidence. Readers (or their friends) who viewed this as the “last straw” about Clinton corruption need to be more careful consumers of the news.

No Evidence

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/10/17 at 13:30:17

Actually Justice is an interesting subject. There is a balance of Grace vs Wrath. No human is capable of absolute justice due to our prejudices, desires, likes, etcetera, so NO I do not see Justly but neither do you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/10/17 at 13:35:27

MShipley wrote on 07/10/17 at 13:30:17:
Actually Justice is an interesting subject. There is a balance of Grace vs Wrath. No human is capable of absolute justice due to our prejudices, desires, likes, etcetera, so NO I do not see Justly but neither do you.

Huh??  I'm just putting out the facts as they are.  I'm not spinning this.  Our president is a serial tweeter.  His sons are less that intelligent.  He refuses to release his taxes.  He's been caught lying.

Yes, my OPINION is that he's unfit to serve - but I 'm not in the minority on that front.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 07/10/17 at 14:58:22

You're in the minority. Either way.
He won.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/10/17 at 15:02:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/17 at 14:58:22:
You're in the minority. Either way.
He won.

Yes, he won - but I'm definitely not in the minority.

More people think he's doing a terrible job than approve of him (unless there's some new definition to 'minority') . And... let's not forget that pesky popular vote.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 07/10/17 at 15:58:54

Unfit to serve.
People can be less than Thrilled And still not call him unfit.
You can lean on the popular vote. I'm not convinced she won that. I don't believe she won anything. I guess that's because I don't want to believe so many are so easily conned.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 07/10/17 at 16:11:18

Look,. there are investigations that are over, (nothingburgers), and there are investigations that are ongoing...
Seems like the defence is,... "Well, what about this?"..
NEWS FLASH... "This" is over"...
It was fun for you while it lasted,.. but there was nothing... investigation done.
We'll have to see what comes of the current investigations, won't we?...
Maybe not a nothingburger,... maybe a Trump steak... Tongue

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 07/10/17 at 18:42:09

The same establishment that hates Trump loves her. That's who runs the Investigation.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/11/17 at 06:27:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/17 at 18:42:09:
The same establishment that hates Trump loves her. That's who runs the Investigation.

LOL - yeah, go ahead and lie to yourself.... that's it - that'll make you feel better....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 07/11/17 at 06:31:16

That's IT? That's your rebuttal? You have acknowledged that the establishment hates Trump. And if Hillary ISN'T establishment, what is she?
The double standard is so obvious.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/11/17 at 06:56:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/17 at 06:31:16:
That's IT? That's your rebuttal? You have acknowledged that the establishment hates Trump. And if Hillary ISN'T establishment, what is she?
The double standard is so obvious.

Listen jog - when it comes to our current president, it has NOTHING to do with establishment.  It has everything to do with his utter incompetence and unfitness to lead this country.

Stop pinning everything on the establishment.  Yeah, I know they exist (I've said more than once that that's why hillary lost, because she is establishment) - but in this case, it's just a matter of being inept, unqualified and delusional.

It's not just the establishment that wants this moron our of office.  His approval ratings are record breaking lows.  His $hit show at the G20 was an embarrassment.  He tweets directly off of fox and friends.

Why can't you see that this man-child is a MORON??  He should not be in office.  I can't stand the though of pence, but at least we won't be embarrassed by him (I hope).

Since you like analogies so much, here's this one - our president is like the kid in middle school that runs for class president promising more recess and chocolate cake at lunch.  Then he gets in and realizes that there's no way he can live up to those promises.  Pretty soon, all the kids (not just the ones that voted for him) get ticked off and have him thrown off the student council.....

Wait, no... that's not really an analogy now... is it??  LMAO

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 07/11/17 at 09:14:18

So the establishment that hates him and the media that is them don't create the perception that he sux, Riiight.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 07/11/17 at 09:43:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/17 at 09:14:18:
So the establishment that hates him and the media that is them don't create the perception that he sux, Riiight.

"Create perception"?????  That's rich!

Seriously??  This idiot couldn't find a coherent sentence (off prompter) with both hands and a roadmap!!

It's not the establishment... it's the man-child.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 07/11/17 at 09:46:48

Your hate blinds you

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 07/11/17 at 10:00:13

There used to be a guy out here years ago when I had my first S40, ultra liberal, I think his name was something like Syrinith, seems to be gone now. I have been back about 8 months and I gotta say "T", I have never heard someone with soooo much pent up anger and hate, you really need a break and I don't say that jokingly I say it with love. Go smell some roses, ride a bike. Personally I would suggest some prayer time giving these issues to the creator. Nothing any of us say or do on this Forum will change anything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:08:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › LOOK OUT..... its a trap!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.