Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First overnight riding double (Read 84 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
First overnight riding double
06/24/17 at 03:28:25

My wife and I are leaving in an hour for our first overnight motorcycle trip.  We are riding from the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati  Ohio area to Hocking Hills near Chillocothe Ohio.  We are taking the Honda NT700 and riding with a couple on a 2016 Triumph Bonneville.

Thankfully the big rain storm passed through yesterday, and the next 2 days are going to be dry.  The roads will likely be a bit wet this morning, and we will have to watch for areas where gravel was washed out onto the road in the hard rains storms yesterday.

I will post pictures when we get back.....I won't be taking a laptop and probably won't try to post photos using my phone.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: First overnight riding double
Reply #1 - 06/24/17 at 05:31:17

Nice area to visit.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2 - 06/24/17 at 06:13:18

Sounds like a great trip...I haven't been able to get my wife on the back of a motorcycle for over 30 years.

Enjoy the ride!

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 06/24/17 at 09:59:43

Don't grin too wide,.. it is bug season... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/25/17 at 14:54:38

We are back.....and it was so much fun I forgot to take any pictures!

We got to our friends house a bit before 9AM on Saturday, and then headed east.  We rode on Route 50 most of the way, and then when we got to the Hocking Hills area we started taking the twisty back roads.  There was high water in most of the streams and rivers, and just as I suspected there were areas where gravel and mud had washed out onto the roads in places.  Even by the afternoon we encountered two areas where the water was covering the roads - one area was still flowing and we had to ride across water that was about a foot deep, and the other area was standing water and we had a couple of feet on the other side of the road where we could ride without getting wet.  The weather was ideal on Saturday - today on the way home the temperature was great...but the headwind got to be pretty strong in the afternoon.  We rode 300 miles on Saturday, 260 today.

It went well, my wife enjoyed herself and did not get too uncomfortable on the back.....I do think I can improve the back seat with a bit more padding (I sit pretty far forward and I can reshape the seat to give her more room).

We rode in an area they nicknamed the Windy 9....it would be a good area to have a group ride someday.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=12fW4qUsB4qupbO8KCljiOqB7dsI&hl=en_U...

http://www.ohio.org/blogs/2016/08/ohios-windy-9-a-motorcyclists-dream

http://athensohio.com/category/ohios-windy-9/

http://athensohio.com/wheretoplay/ohios-windy-9/windy-9-request-form/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/25/17 at 18:35:23

Glad you enjoyed your trip, there are many great roads in that general area.  I went to school in Athens and a favorite pastime was exploring those roads and others in that corner of the state.  That was over 50 years ago but I haven't forgotten those rides.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/25/17 at 21:47:23

nd it was so much fun I forgot to take any pictures!

That's what we all want from life..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #7 - 06/27/17 at 06:14:16

".....and it was so much fun I forgot to take any pictures!"

Man, I can completely relate to that.  I rode up Boulder Canyon and then took the Peak To Peak highway to Blackhawk and then back along the base of the foothills Sunday.  We had a lot of rain a while back here in Colorado so everything is beautiful and the rivers are flowing fast.  Rock climbers up along the sides in some real technical stuff.  It was spectacular but I didn't stop to take pictures except for the memory type in my head.
Ride on and ride safe.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:39:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › First overnight riding double

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.