Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
idiot riders of the week!! (Read 81 times)
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
idiot riders of the week!!
06/25/17 at 08:39:36

I rode from S. Fla. up to the mountains in N.C. last week.(2200miles) And Tampa and back yesterday.(450 miles) And coming home last night I could not believe what happened!
12:40 in the morning, east of Okeechobee,Fl. I am riding at the speed limit(60). I notice something weird coming up behind me. The  headlight on the drivers side is bright white, and the headlights on the other side were yellowish. I am in the right hand wheel track, and they get closer and closer. Then a Harley goes by me at about 70 in the left hand wheel track, and another on the right hand shoulder!
This shocks me and I move to the center of the lane, and 2 more bikes go by me again one on the right and one on the left, and get this--- the one on the right has a girl on the back holding a pair of crutches sideways across her lap!!!
They stuck out close to 2 feet each way and he passes another bike that he doesn't know by riding on the shoulder at 12:40 at night 15 miles from nowhere!
No traffic coming the other way, and no reason not to use the other lane to pass.
I have found Route 70 across Fla. to be the worst road ever for cars to pass you without moving all the way over to the other lane. Seems like about 1 in 20 or so will just move over enough that they think they will clear and just gas it to go by! When someone comes up close behind me and is obvously wanting to pass, I will move to the LEFT wheel track to have room to move right if need be, and wave the guy by first opening for him to pass.

ALWAYS RIDE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!
SOME OF THEM ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: idiot riders of the week!!
Reply #1 - 06/25/17 at 09:37:29

I would hope that You would have escaped injury and been able to use a crutch to help teach the EEEDEYUTS how stupid that was.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #2 - 06/25/17 at 23:39:41

You were not overtaken by idiots.

You were overtaken by MC members who were not smart enought to move formation to the left for overtaking.

Any colors ?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #3 - 06/26/17 at 02:45:05

That's a long ride on a Savage. How'd it feel comfort wise? Agree with mpescatori: the way those MC clowns ride makes idiots look like high achievers. Water off a duck's back, buddy.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #4 - 06/26/17 at 05:13:01

Thanks for the support guys.
gizzo, Would what they did be considered '' hooning ''?
My bike is highly modded for long rides, homemade solo sprung seat, footboards, hard bags, rear box w/backrest, big windshield, 4.5 gallon tank, and higher gearing w/bigger tire. I used to do ''1,000 in 24'' often on my old Gold Wing and Pacific Coast. Living in S. Fla. it is 5 hours on the SS to the state line before I start to go anywhere. Now that I am retired my rides are something I plan my life around. Next big trip this year is to Pa. for roller derby champs, I'll do 4 -4.5k time I get home from that one.
I'm thinking Bonneville Salt Flats next year!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 06/26/17 at 05:19:59

badwolf wrote on 06/26/17 at 05:13:01:
I'm thinking Bonneville Salt Flats next year!

You planning on making any speed record attempts?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #6 - 06/26/17 at 05:25:52

Slow race!!! I think I can nail it!

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #7 - 06/26/17 at 07:03:40

He He, hooning is whatever the police say it is. "Hooning" is doing burnouts, street racing, speeding, getting your knee down or doing a wheelie down the main street. In effect, just the things people do on occasion and that the cops can make a buck or an example out of. Time and place, people. What you experienced is "Douchebaggery". Something almost unavoidable if you're on a small motorbike and you encounter a Harley rider with a moral obligation to show who's the boss. Happens all the time. You're a champ  Cool I couldn't do those miles on the Savage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoon

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:41:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › idiot riders of the week!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.