Highway wobble ?? (Read 197 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Highway wobble ??
Reply #15 - 06/13/17 at 09:51:07

Thanks Gary.  That gives me something to work with.  One of my concerns is that I'm going to gander that I'm getting more sag (front and rear) than you.  I'm sure I could use stiffer fork springs at my size, but I'm generally pleased with the bike as it sits.   Ride comfort is OK, handling is pretty good, it's serving it's purpose as a commuter pretty well.  It's not a bike I'd take long trips on, but I didn't build it for that.  I'll sort it out.  I may even add more preload to the front springs before swapping forks and see if that helps.  I'll report back when I have time to play with it a bit more.  Thanks for the input.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 06/13/17 at 20:46:50

I've had a little wobble in high speed curves over rough pavement, and I find I can stop it by leaning over my gas tank , this moves more weight on the front forks and that with slowly backing down the throttle stops the wobble.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 06/14/17 at 06:01:24

Haven't any problems while cornering so far.  

Rode the freeway this morning and no wobble.  I even took it up to 80 mph for a short stretch and it was fine.  Maybe there was more wind yesterday, that's all I can think of.  It was windy the first day I rode the freeway a while back and I noticed it that day.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/14/17 at 08:26:42

I let a kink in the road sneak up on me yesterday and I didn't shift weight, I just counter steered it over. It gave me a little wobble almost all the way through. Seems like if I look at the curve and lean my upper body into it and then bring the bike under me it doesn't do that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 23:36:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Highway wobble ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.