Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New motorcycle (Read 70 times)
Mekh

Suzuki Savage Rocks!

Denmark
New motorcycle
06/11/17 at 05:28:23

As my needs and use of my motorcycle have somewhat changed this season I have put my beloved Savage up for sale.
I have started driving with a motorcycle club, that likes to do some longer trips now and then and while the Savage is an awsome bike, I do not find it suitable for longer and faster trips, especially not with the wife on the pillion seat.
I have just purchased a "new" Vfr800 FI (1999), which should be more than capable of whatever I wanna use it for.
Because of the change of bike I might not be around here much, so just wanted to tell you all how grateful I am for all the knowledge and help you have provided on this wonderful website and forum.

Thank you all and see you around some time I hope.

PS.
If  some surprise money comes my way, I plan to get me a Savage also.
I really, really... REALLY... like that little bike.  Cheesy

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: New motorcycle
Reply #1 - 06/11/17 at 05:44:46

The VFR is a great bike, especially for long all-day rides. Best of luck with it.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
gobnaitt
Ex Member

Re: New motorcycle
Reply #2 - 06/11/17 at 08:53:15

I too have just said farewell to my beloved Savage. I went the other direction however. Smaller. I traded mine in for a fair price with not a scratch on it. It was nice the dealer appreciated it's condition.

I usually ride around town and country roads and the Savage has been the perfect bike. My first and only. But with age comes the achy back and pains here and there. So I have gone automatic and comfy and got a Burgman 200. I was planning on the 400 but found it too heavy for my weak girl arms to push. The 200 is perfect for my needs and so far so good. I have still even got some waves from a few bikes.
I have enjoyed this forum and I want to thank everyone for being so helpful when I had a couple of issues. This is a great forum because of the quality of it's members.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 07:37:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › New motorcycle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.