Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stereotypes ... and, maybe not. (Read 41 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Stereotypes ... and, maybe not.
06/11/17 at 02:44:45

I've been riding for about 6 months. I started with a Ninja 250R - before I knew what I didn't know. Two months later came the Savage/S40. It introduced me to the life of riding: other riders nod at me when they come the other way on the highway, when I take a pit-stop at a cafe I get invited to ride with the random bunch of blokes that stop for a break while on their monthly ride, strangers (old Harley riders) ask me about the bike, I meet friendly and generous people on the interwebs, I got a job because I asked the guy at the local 'small engines' shop if he had a vacancy while I was seeking advice about tuning my carb.

I started to ask myself "why did I wait so long to find this?"

That question changed a few days a go.

An old biker came into the shop looking for a part. He had the look of the 'typical' biker: bald head, tattoos up the back of his head, and a leather lace-up waistcoat weighed down with club badges and pins. He was probably 70 years old or so. And, he was the softest-spoken bloke I've ever met. We chatted about bikes.

He also had a brace on his leg. He told me he hit a gravel patch on a country road while riding his Harley. He came off the road and hit a tree side on. He broke the major bones in his upper and lower leg, and wouldn't be back on a bike for at least three months more. I wished him well.

A week later I bumped into him at the post office while I was down the street running some errands. He was inspecting some x-rays of his leg. I asked him how he was doing. He said "not so good. The legs not healing ... the doctors reckon it's old age". I can still see the sadness in his eyes.

During the conversation I thought, "what positive thing can I say?"

"Have you thought about a trike?"

"Yeah, that might be the next option" he said "But I'm not giving up yet."

Why didn't I find this sooner?

No.

Thank heavens I found it now.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Stereotypes ... and, maybe not.
Reply #1 - 06/11/17 at 03:45:17

Everything happens at the proper time, whether we think so at the time or not.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 03:36:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Stereotypes ... and, maybe not.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.