Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hanging throwover saddle bags on S40 (Read 42 times)
austinrick
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hanging throwover saddle bags on S40
06/01/17 at 17:33:05

Greetings, new member here. I see pics online of S40s with throwover saddlebags, some with the yoke simply resting on top of the back part of the seat, others with the yoke running under the seat, like you'd expect.

But under that part of the seat on my S40 is a voltage regulator/rectifier with fins, wiring to the taillight with a quick disconnect, and rubber spacer blocks holding up the rear part of the seat. Daylight doesn't get through under there.

How can a leather yoke (maybe even overlapped layers) fit under that seat cushion? I'm finding small saddle bags that will fit the area between the shocks and turn signal without even using support brackets, but I don't get how the yoke can fit under the seat with all that other stuff there.

I'm going at this so as not to relocate the turn signals or drill holes in my bike; just hang bags that will fit that space.

Advice appreciated.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Hanging throwover saddle bags on S40
Reply #1 - 06/01/17 at 19:00:34

You have the support brackets on it?
Gotta keep those things outta the spokes..

I put rings in my bags and laced them into place with parachute cord. The rings are at Hobby Lobby, along with the tool. In the sewing section.
Aaand the cord is gonna rub paint. But that is controllable.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:32:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hanging throwover saddle bags on S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.