Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extra tail light. (Read 131 times)
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Extra tail light.
06/01/17 at 15:44:31

I am very safety conscious, and wanted some extra lighting on the back of my bike.  I got to noticing the reflector in the bracket just above the license plate, and wondered why the license plate light didn't shine through.  It can't!!  Because the bracket the reflector is mounted to is solid.  So ... I took off the bracket, and with a Dremel, I cut out a hole approx. 1" x 1-1/2" so the light could get through to the reflector.  You just have to be careful not to go too deep so you don't cut into the actual reflector itself.

Idea worked perfectly.  Now, though it is not blinding, it does seem to add approx 20% more light in the back and still retains its reflective ability.  Little cheap extra light!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Extra tail light.
Reply #1 - 06/01/17 at 16:01:07

I am very safety conscious...
So I got a Motorcycle!!!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2 - 06/01/17 at 17:08:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/01/17 at 16:01:07:
I am very safety conscious...
So I got a Motorcycle!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin ... I almost spat coffee out my nose!!!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/01/17 at 19:55:37

Almost?
I'm gonna hafta try harder..

Ohhh, and I don't know where you are from, but around here, we spit stuff out of our mouths.
Fluids exiting the nose after being in the mouth have no normal word describing it, cuz it's not normal I guess.
But it does hurt..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ft. Mitchell, KY
Reply #4 - 06/02/17 at 21:46:23

I wish he had shown pictures of what he did...i think there isnt enough lightening in the back...if you happen to come back online...if you have any pics...could you post them please...would like to try and do this
                              Thanks..Pam

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #5 - 06/03/17 at 14:08:32

It's the height that bugs me.  If I had a pillion, I'd be mounting one to the back of it.

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #6 - 06/12/17 at 08:21:10

pam wrote on 06/02/17 at 21:46:23:
I wish he had shown pictures of what he did...i think there isnt enough lightening in the back...if you happen to come back online...if you have any pics...could you post them please...would like to try and do this
                              Thanks..Pam

Pam,

I would have to disassemble to get the pics.  However, Let me explain better.  I removed the whole tail light/license bracket from fender.  Find the bulb, and then note that the panel between the bulb and the rear reflector is solid black.  All I did was to take a Dremel and "cut" out a rectangular hole, approx. 1" x 1-1/2" in that black panel - making sure that I didn't cut or grind into the reflector itself.  Reassembled and voila - extra red light in back for other vehicles to see!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 16:31:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Extra tail light.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.