Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Choke Type (Read 200 times)
Andy RN

Eugene, OR
Re: Choke Type
Reply #15 - 06/07/17 at 13:06:51

Here is an excerpt from the Haynes book. In the diagram 2.2g, there is a jet labelled "Starter Jet". As far as I know, we don't have a "Starter Jet" - correct? If not, then what jet is the fuel being sucked up from - the pilot?
Thanks!

US Navy (99-03). Novice, self-taught mechanic. 2003 Savage with 44k miles. 2015 S-40 with 5k miles.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 06/08/17 at 04:09:40

I do believe we have a starter jet....but it is fixed and cannot be replaced (and the TEV may use the same supply for fuel).

Look at the attached photo.  The small brass tube that extends down into the float bowl has a very small hole at the bottom (the brass tube extends down from the carb body and goes into a hole in the front of the float bowl), and I believe that is where the "enrichment circuit" picks up the fuel from the float bowl.

You really should take a Savage carb apart and study it......you will develop a better understanding of how it works.

LS650_carb.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Andy RN

Eugene, OR
Reply #17 - 06/08/17 at 11:07:39

Thanks, Dave. Taking apart the carb - you read my mind - that's exactly what I planned to do. I will have a few days off from work soon and will disassemble the carb and try to identify all the components and various circuits. When I do that, I was planning to take pictures and label things and then post those pics on the forum. When I do that, I would be grateful if you could check my labeling for errorsSmiley

PS - Stew - thanks for the info about Lancer. I just PM'ed him.

« Last Edit: 06/08/17 at 12:17:18 by Andy RN »  

US Navy (99-03). Novice, self-taught mechanic. 2003 Savage with 44k miles. 2015 S-40 with 5k miles.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:22:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Choke Type

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.