justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Tergi's build threads
Reply #15 - 05/29/17 at 15:35:11

Hypermotard

I went to school with that guy..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #16 - 06/04/17 at 00:46:03

Dave wrote on 05/29/17 at 15:01:31:
Looks like I am not the only one having trouble with TinyPic.

I can't get photos to load on their site either...the trouble started at the end of last week.

I have seen, so this is the link to my blog, there are some exhaust photo
http://www.stuffandthings.it/epages/86069.sf/it_IT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/86069/C...
Tomorrow i buy a 1996 bmw r1100rt for my next project... i have found it in a web site for only 500 euro

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 06/04/17 at 06:38:07

Great! No reason to run off. I wish you'd start a thread and post your progress. You do some mighty fine work.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #18 - 06/05/17 at 06:24:35

thanks Justin!
first of all sorry for my english:
I have a problem with the bmw...some people are so mad...
I have found the motorcycle on a online private sale, this is the bike.

so there isn't the telephone number , only the email, i have send at this guy an email...after some day i receved the answer and this guy said that is his father's motorcycle and he give me his home telephone number....
Saturday morning i call this number and an old man tell my that he was sick and he cant leave his home to make the document to sell me the bike....and i have to phone at his mechanic...i only made a question: did the bike run? so at this point the old man turn into a devil...and he said "if you want, you can go to my mechanic and try to start it!!! i'm so sikkk!!!!!! you dont have to call me again!!!!i'm so sick!!!"
so i don't want to see the bike, i want to buy the bike is not just near home is about 200 km.. id like to say if the bike run or not.
so he turn off the phone...
i call his mechanic and he said that the bike was ok, it's all ok, if i want he can recharge the battery for me, he was really kind.
So i recall the old man and he re said me that he was sik and he can't leave his home to make the document for the propriety of the bike
andi haven't to call again because he was sik....
i don't know.....
So this morning i have work on the savage:
wrap the exhaust:

i have made the spacer for the front pulley:

i have drill and fillet? threaded? i don't know what is the correct word
drilled the oem front pulley, six hole for 8x1,25

made the spacer in alluminium

drilled and milled the Kawasaki pulley

Last photo: sunset at Folgaria

IP Logged
Hamman
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 06/05/17 at 07:22:33

Very cool build my friend! Now we have 2 with inverted forks  Wink Loving the Ducati rear, very neat and professional looking! Hope to see more details on your BMW build!

IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #20 - 06/05/17 at 08:02:45

thanks so much!
I have seen your website, i love your motorcycle.
this is my last bmw, an r850r scrambler:

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 06/05/17 at 09:20:01

You ever play with a Guzzi? I Like the sound of those engines.

IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #22 - 06/06/17 at 04:29:41

yes but i hate it because it was my job, from 2001 to 2005 i have work in a Moto Guzzi dealer , in that years a lot of engine are converted from meccanic distribution to hydraulic distribution.....that was a drama....
the problem was the high temperature, the oil became liquid and the valves kiss the pistons.....All the people was hungry (so if you buy a 20000 euro California and after 2 day you have find the valves in the oil pan....)
One client buy a V11 Centauro full carbon fibre a lot of racing component to use like a racing bike, first track day the engine exploded.
So if you speak about old guzzi with carburator was great bike, i love the sound of the air when you open the gas...but if are 2000-2005 iniector and hydraulic distribution...i want to dai...

So my wife joke me and remember me that day every time a make fuel....
I have to deliver a brand new California with a touring pack (a lot of money bike...)
so i drive a Ducato like this

after a few kilometers i fill the bike moving but i cant see it, so i stop to the gas station, until the guy make the fuel i open the rear door, i get in and the read door close back me!
full dark i can't see nothing so i start to touch the door but i don't know if there was the handle and the fuel pump make noise into the metal box Ducato.... a lot of panic i start to call help but the fuel noise was  to high...after some minut the fuel guy open the door, he was die laughing...and other peoples laugh.....i fill like a nuts....but i was happy to exit from the Ducato....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 06/06/17 at 06:53:10

I knew about the hydraulic lifters and problems, but I thought it just ruined the cam. I didn't know the lifters got too tall and shoved the valves into the piston..
Sounds like a mess.

IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #24 - 06/07/17 at 06:42:42

yes guzzi use this valve to reduced the engine noise but sometimes the hydraulic sistem dosn't work, or work in late the cam times was not the same of the valve , sometimes the aspiration valve dosent close in time and the fuel explosion damage it.
i have found pices of valve fuse in the piston .
i don't know in english that is the word but it's not for the interference like some honda engine, is for the delay time of the valve.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 06/07/17 at 07:20:17

Your English is Far superior to my Italian. I don't even know how to cuss in Italian..
Pieces of anything stuck in a piston is always bad news.
Strange that such a problem got past Quality Control and made it into production. That had to be a Costly mistake.

IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #26 - 06/14/17 at 06:38:46

just a little progress
I made the rear spacer for fit the kawasaki pulley to the Ducati wheel:

i think if you want made good stuff you have to work in a clean place:
so this is my super clean, perfect, work place  Grin

and i drill it for fit the pulley and the (i don't know what is the english word for the secure little screw)

that's all
i was invited at an American car and bike show near Venice and of course i show my......Honda.... Sad

California dreaming pics

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 06/14/17 at 08:30:50

My grampa had a pickup truck like that.
Is the starter on the floor by the gas pedal?

IP Logged
tergi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rovigo Italy
Reply #28 - 06/14/17 at 08:40:05

i don't know, it was the best in show at this american car/bike show.....
but i don't see inside the truck...but i have seen a fisher karma...never seen before....it was a so large car.... it was near a corvette and the corvette looks like a city car
i take that picture just for the USA style....pickup...palms in the background....sunshine... for me this is the "USA stereotype"...
and that was a ax and knife luncher...so it was so funny i like it all day i lunched ax at the target...it's an american tadition? why at american car/bike show there was a ax luncher? is correct lunch? what is the name of the guy that lunch knife?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 06/14/17 at 09:07:13

Are you saying they had a machine that launched the ax at the target?
There are people who compete with axes and ratchets
Throwing them at wooden targets. It's not a game many people engage in.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 02:47:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tergi's build threads

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.