Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone try hooking up a biltwell single seat? (Read 85 times)
GreasyJonny
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

anyone try hooking up a biltwell single seat?
05/16/17 at 19:06:38

im interested in making something like a biltwell sporty 8 seat fit to the savage. i know ill neeed a custom bracket. ive seen the sportster seat mod thread, but am not a fan of the gap between the seat and frame with all the wires visible. has any one fabed a pan that's bent/rolled over to cover the gap and maybe has a template? or am i wading into uncharted waters (which also fine)?

sporty 8 seat
https://www.biltwellinc.com/p333/buy/parts-amp-accessories/seats/sporty-8-10-...

« Last Edit: 05/17/17 at 20:08:13 by GreasyJonny »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: anyone try hooking up a biltwell single seat?
Reply #1 - 05/17/17 at 07:14:45

Our seat covers are extremely water resistant, but the seams are not. If left outside in the rain, these seats can soak up water. This is especially true of the Diamond or Tuck n’ Roll designs since they have more stitched seams. If you expect rain or snow, cover the seat to keep your saddle dry.

Total disqualification.
I'm not excited about a sponge mounted where I sit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 05/17/17 at 08:13:07

I had the "wet bottom" experience with the stitching on the RYCA Cafe' seat.  The water goes through the stitching and into the foam padding....so it takes days for the seat to dry out.  On one Dragon run the bike got wet, and for the next two days the seat would ooze out water whenever I sat down.

I have read where folks suggest that applying a sealer/waterproofing to the stitching can help to prevent the water flow.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 05/17/17 at 08:19:41

I'm glad I read this cause my opinion is that that is a good looking seat. But I do not like wet butt syndrome! Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
GreasyJonny
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/17/17 at 16:28:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/17/17 at 07:14:45:
Our seat covers are extremely water resistant, but the seams are not. If left outside in the rain, these seats can soak up water. This is especially true of the Diamond or Tuck n’ Roll designs since they have more stitched seams. If you expect rain or snow, cover the seat to keep your saddle dry.

Total disqualification.
I'm not excited about a sponge mounted where I sit.

JOG what do you mean by "our seat"? are you referring to the stock seats we all have or do you work for biltwell?

Edit: never mind, I figured out you were just copying from the biltwell site.

They do make a non stitched version, and I'll just make sure to cary a baggy to cover the seat if getting caught in the rain.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #5 - 05/17/17 at 18:38:16

That's a great looking seat!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
TheNaughtyLemur

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #6 - 05/17/17 at 22:09:01

http://www.genuinecoolass.com/

I have one of these. It quickly goes over just the seat when you dismount to make it waterproof and keeps the seat from getting toasty due to the sun.

06 Suzuki S40 - 140/90-15 Rear Tyre - Raptor Petcock - MAC 2" Header and Exhaust Kit
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #7 - 05/18/17 at 07:00:17

This doesn't solve the waterproof problem, but it does solve the toasty butt issue as well as adds comfort.  

https://alaskaleather.com/collections/sheepskin-buttpads

I have the small in black and it fits the front seat near perfect. Even though it is black, it is merely warm to the touch in the summer sun. It dissipates heat very well.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 05/18/17 at 07:34:04

Mmmmm! Sheepskin!
Ewephoric Ewetopian ride.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:21:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › anyone try hooking up a biltwell single seat?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.