Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Front pulley noise while applying throttle (Read 974 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Front pulley noise while applying throttle
Reply #90 - 06/21/17 at 16:02:28

Why buy a new bike ,when you're paying someone else to drive it?( It might be the first logical thing he's done).

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #91 - 06/21/17 at 19:49:01

He explained why he bought it, twice.
Who cares ?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #92 - 06/21/17 at 20:03:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/21/17 at 19:49:01:
He explained why he bought it, twice.
Who cares ?

Batman is stumped by this riddler   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #93 - 06/22/17 at 10:24:45

I don't know why there's any personal investment in what people do with their bikes either.

If I want to have a project bike where I do random tests on it then I guess that means some people won't sleep at night.

On the 4runner forums I've never had anyone complain about the cost of doing tests on my 4runner that I've never asked anyone else to pay a dime on.  I had a wind tunnel built to test vibration on the antennae, it made a ton of noise in the cabin and we eventually figured out that its cross-wind from the passenger side 30 degrees from center rear (20 center front) at 14+ MPH combined with a forward speed of 60-68 MPH that causes it.  We had to build a second power/blower mechanism to simulate cross-wind just to figure that out.

The solution was an angled antennae for maybe $15 but sometimes a project is just fun to do.

Not one person felt the need to complain about it or try to convince me how much not to spend.  No idea why its an issue here.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #94 - 06/22/17 at 13:53:52

You're a curious guy. Keep on studying stuff. It took me a while to realize I wasn't Giving Freely.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #95 - 07/18/17 at 07:18:55

So this bike has gone 3000 miles with the 150/90 tire and we still aren't getting any noticeable wear on the belt or bearings.  The tire is showing wear which is expected of course.  

Its on the same route every day, mostly straight roads at consistent speed.  Would changing the route to have more stop/start change anything regarding wear to the belt/bearings?

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #96 - 07/18/17 at 07:40:47

I don't know, but logic would tell me "yes". The starting and stopping puts loads on the pulley and bearings in forward and reverse directions each time the directional load changes (e.g. starting and revving up versus stopping or slowing down).   These ever changing loads should be less at consistent cruising speeds.  Just my opinion.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #97 - 10/31/17 at 07:48:55

Well with the weather being how it is I am pulling all the bikes Nov 1 and getting them in the shops.

This bike never started to squeal again even with just over 6000 additional miles run on the 150/90 tire.  I will try to find a shop that knows about this particular bike enough to look over the drive system and see what, if any damage was done.

I was hoping to replicate the original issue as I was repeatedly assured it was from the tire but it didn't work out this time.  We will see what happens next spring.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 17:22:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front pulley noise while applying throttle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.