Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat and shocks adjustments on S40 (Read 67 times)
Afan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Des Moines, IA
Seat and shocks adjustments on S40
03/25/17 at 23:13:55

Last two weeks, while my "main" bike is in a shop, I was riding my S40 again. And, at the same time trying to figure out what's causing the jerking motions. I don't remember I had these issues before (I'm getting to them in a sec), but I was also much "leaner" couple years ago also.  Grin
So, first thing what bothers me is after an hour of riding I'll have pain in my tail bone. Sometimes the pain starts while riding, sometimes I'll not feel it so much - until I make a stop and I stand up. I really enjoy long rides and multi-days trips but with this pain I would not be able to make it. Evan my daily commute (60 miles one way) is going to be painful.
The other thing is, EVERY bump I hit, even the smallest one, I have a feeling my brain is bouncing inside my scull.  Embarrassed

So, my questions are:
1) what are other seat would you recommend? brand, size, maker...
2) what shocks would you recommend for 250lbs rider for softer rides?
3) how hard would be to install foot pegs under the seat so I can eventually take my weight off of my butt for a minute or two while riding? It's not necessary to move gear lever too.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Seat and shocks adjustments on S40
Reply #1 - 03/26/17 at 00:21:26

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1252693349/0#0

How tall are you?  extending the footpegs for taller riders lowers the knees taking pressure off the tailbone.

also, have you tried raising the seat front?

WWW   IP Logged
Afan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Des Moines, IA
Reply #2 - 03/26/17 at 00:33:05

verslagen1 wrote on 03/26/17 at 00:21:26:

This is for split seat(s), I have 2006 S40, all one seat.  Embarrassed

How tall are you

5'10" - 5'11"

... extending the footpegs for taller riders lowers the knees taking pressure off the tailbone...

What do you mean? Extending the existing ones?

also, have you tried raising the seat front?

No.  Undecided

IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/26/17 at 06:58:55

I put Progressive Suspension shocks on the rear. Helped loads. my Zuke is an S40 2012 so same seat you have. No need to raise the front. But, the stock shocks, on the lightest setting, wouldn't compress at all under my 170 lb weight. It was effectively a "hard tail". OUCH! So, I ordered Progressive Suspension rear shocks, 412-4201C for Suzuki S50/Intruder 800, 11.5 inches. Around $200, but worth it. At that time, PS did not list a fit for the S40, but that may have changed by now. Anyway, the PS shocks bolt right on with existing hardware, and they include the bushings for a perfect fit. It will raise the seat about 1/2 inch, but does not interfere with the rear pegs, muffler, or swing arm. Now if I could find someone looking for nearly new stock shocks.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #4 - 03/26/17 at 08:14:52

Afan, It would behoove you to read through the  technical references section ,before asking your questions,that way your questions would be more pointed,as you would have a better grasp of what is needed to solve your problem.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:25:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat and shocks adjustments on S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.