Read it all (Read 32 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Read it all
03/22/17 at 05:05:40

http://www.rense.com/general96/guncontrolfx.htm

The reason it's important to read it all is because the comparisons that would lead to the reasonable perspective are toward the end.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Read it all
Reply #1 - 03/22/17 at 07:28:22

Most people, I think, have no problem with firearms and the personal ownership of them.  It is the type of firearm.  No one needs a fully auto M-16 or AK-47 to go hunting.  I wouldn't go hunting with a pistol either.
It is the multi round pistol and "weapon" variety of firearm, which are on God's green earth to help us kill each other; all too easily accessible to whacko teenagers and young hodlums in training - these are what gun control advocates dislike.

I remember the Governor of NH in the 50's-60's (?)was a live free or die type who railed against Massachusetts Auto inspections.  When his grandchild fell though the rusted out floorpan of a car he suddenly changed his tune.  If your grandson or daughter was at the elementary school in CT, you would be against many variant of guns also.

While he ruled out suicide numbers, I think many who take their own life by gun might not if guns weren't available.  Who knows, can't ask them can we

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 03/22/17 at 08:44:56

It's a Bill of Rights.
Not subject to a nanny committee.
Not based on someone else's idea of
What I NEED.
It's not about hunting.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 03/22/17 at 09:37:03

His discounting of "law enforcement" as not a component of gun violence does not have merit.  Whether it's the criminal or the LEO who brings the gun into action, it's gun violence.  But those that bring a knife to a gun fight is suicide... they need to re-categorize those.

SO, 5100 becomes 9600.  Not that it matters, the other numbers are simply overwhelming.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 03/22/17 at 09:43:24

With a bit of reasonable perspective, the whole foundation for the
Eaux MuGawd, we should just ban Gunz!
fades into the shadows.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/22/17 at 11:21:02

Trippah wrote on 03/22/17 at 07:28:22:
Most people, I think, have no problem with firearms and the personal ownership of them.  It is the type of firearm.  No one needs a fully auto M-16 or AK-47 to go hunting.  I wouldn't go hunting with a pistol either.

I used to tell people there were less than 250,000 fully automatic weapons in the United States1. It appears that number did not include dealer samples2. I doubt they are being used for hunting. However, there have only ever been two homicides with a fully automatic machine gun3

All this aside, civilian ownership of machine guns has been restricted since 1986. The civilian version of the m16, the infamous AR15 is America's most popular rifle4. Recently the BATFE declared the AR15 and AK47's are hunting rifles5.

I agree that accessibility is an issue, but how do you limit accessibility without hindering rightful ownership? What methods are in place to ensure compliance? I don't pretend to have the solution, but I know that people killed each other before firearms, and they'll do so long afterwards.

--Steve

1) In 1995 there were over 240,000 machine guns registered with the ATF. (Zawitz, Marianne,Bureau of Justice Statistics, Guns Used in Crime [PDF].) About half are owned by civilians and the other half by police departments and other governmental agencies (Gary Kleck, Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control, Walter de Gruyter, Inc., New York, 1997.) http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcfullau.html

2) 2016 information
   Pre 86 (transferables): 175,977
   Sales Samples (pre May keepers): 17,020
   Restricted 922(o) (posties): 297,667
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/03/daniel-zimmerman/atf-reveals-the-num...

3) Since 1934, there appear to have been at least two homicides committed with legally owned automatic weapons. One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison. The 1986 'ban' on sales of new machine guns does not apply to purchases by law enforcement or government agencies.  http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcfullau.html

4) ...AR-15s are America’s Most Popular Rifles.   https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2016/1/why-the-ar15-is-americas-most-popular...

5) Since the sunset of the Assault Weapons ban in 2004, the use of AR-15s, AK-style, and similar rifles now commonly referred to as “modern sporting rifles” has increased exponentially in sport shooting. These firearm types are now standard for hunting activities. ATF could re-examine its almost 20-yearold study to bring it up to date with the sport shooting landscape of today, which is vastly different than what it was years ago. Action shooting sports and organizations such as 3 Gun and the United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) have also drastically expanded in recent years. Restriction on imports serves questionable public safety interests, as these rifles are already generally legally available for manufacture and ownership in the United States. Low cost foreign made firearms are also still imported and converted into “non-sporting” configurations.

http://www.thedailyliberator.com/atf-declares-ar-15-ak-style-rifles-standard-...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 03/23/17 at 14:24:35

Trippah wrote on 03/22/17 at 07:28:22:
It is the multi round pistol and "weapon" variety of firearm, which are on God's green earth to help us kill each other; all too easily accessible to whacko teenagers and young hodlums in training - these are what gun control advocates dislike....

Thought about this for a day. All sorts of  facts on firearms, to say the opposite of what has been said, and listing models, and what they do, and what they are for, Instead of  the  PURPOSEFUL,  LYING, by the Press and the Anti  Gunners. But the anti gunner, refuses to hear the truth anyway.  And only counter with ‘spin’, Made up facts, , from Made up stats, from comparing apples and oranges.

So decided on a  different approach, how would you respond to these  people?

Someone, does  NOT, like  Motorcycles.    Not at  all  !!!!!!!
”MC’s are all Bad.  We don’t need them.  They all Make to much Noise.
The people that drive them, are all Criminals.  The are Death Machines.
The Drivers think they can go just anywhere on the road,
Like when traffic is stopped, they drive between the cars.
THEY stop, then simply drive through Red Lights, (I’ve Seen Them!)
They Cause  Accidents. They make themselves, Purposefully  Hard to See.
They don’t pay their fair share on Road Tax like I have to do in  my car.
They lie about having Insurance, when they don’t have any.
The  Pollute the Air  I  Breath.  They  Clog the Streets.
They are Rude,  They tailgate, give me the finger,  Pass me then slow down.
  (On and ON and ON)

Now someone, who, is, ‘moderate’, on  MC’s.
“Well, certainly you can have a MC.  In fact I have one.
But their need to be  Rules, because they are  Very Un Safe machines.
We have to  Protect  the Public, from MC’s.
They cause, and have,  More accidents than cars/trucks.
The ‘qualification’ for being to drive one, needs to be much more than it is now.
Their is  NO  Need to have a  1,000 pound, 1,500 CC, 4 cylinder,  Motorcycle.
The is no reason to have, what is termed a, “Crash Rocket”.
The, ‘Crash Rocket’,  type MC, is  very dangerous, and a threat to everyone else, on and off the road.
People driving a, ‘Crash Rocket’, are often rude, and self centered.  
Driving to fast, and having a full face helmut on, so no one can see then, when they break the Law, so they can be brought to justus..
Some places, MC, can drive between cars, this practice must stop, because it is far to dangerous.
Only, special, people should be granted that privilege,
and only if they are in a  profession, that makes driving like that warranted.
     (On and ON, and On)

NOW, defend,  YOUR,  Position, on driving/owning, a  MC !
(Do ya  come up with a  lot of, ‘half’, truths?
Things that need  a  explanation, not a, ’Sound Bit’ ?
Things that Just are  NOT   true ?)

And a  note for the, ‘Underwear in a  Bunch’, crowd.
Firearms, were  NOT,  invented for, offense/defense.

(Just like  MC’s, were Not  invented for  Offense/Defense.
Have they been used for Both ? Oh  Yea)

Firearms were first used by the, Nobles, that could afford them,
       for  Sport & Hunting.
And  used for,  DEFENSE, against, things that could hurt them.
  (4 leg  Mammals & Reptiles)
And only much later, (A   VERY   Small Amount), used as, weapons.

Last year in the USA,  + Make,  + Import, - export = 10   MILLION
The armed forces of the USA are about 1.5 Mil &  800 Thou, reserved,
 (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard.)

Gee, JUST  in ONE  Year, in JUST,  this Country,
77%  of   Firearms, were made for  CIVILIANS.

If you go back to 1776, their have been about  40-50  MILLION,  people that have served.
If you went back just  10 Years, over 100  Million, firearms produced and sold in this Country..
 (Don’t have enough paper to go back, 240 Years)

So, for the exercise today.
 Defend the  Position of, ‘WHY”, you should have, be allowed to have, a  MC.
When Someone else, says, you should  NOT !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:12:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Read it all

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.