Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (Read 313 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Reply #15 - 03/16/17 at 09:00:38

I just got a bigger computer monitor given to me this morning...that should help me see a bit better!  

I got a 17" a few years back , it helps a lot !    Wink

I'm tired of waiting for the Doc. to set-up a training session for me ... Think I'll check out U-Tube ,   Thanks for the tip and the Kind words .  Cool

Getting OLD is still better than the alternative !    ???  Are all the bikes beyond the Pearly Gates "Old-School"   or do we have to go Crotch-Rocket style ???

Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 03/16/17 at 12:03:12

Wings, dude, wings

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 03/16/17 at 12:22:21

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/16/17 at 12:03:12:
Wings, dude, wings

We are going to have to ride Gold Wings in Heaven? Sad

Will they be trikes? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #18 - 03/16/17 at 12:29:45

You might try the Eply maneuver which is a 5-10 minute repositioning of the head.  There are other things that give you the same symptoms, in fact about three pages long list.  If you haven't had your hearing tested in the past ten years, get it done for a baseline (preferably by an Audiologist, not a hearing aid dealer)  The difference is mostly equipment, test environment, training and the ability to accurately measure bone conduction scores as well as the air conduction.. See an Ear Nose and Throat/Otolaryngologist if it reoccurs since, as noted above, you might be a Meniere's Disease victim.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 03/16/17 at 14:09:54

I cannot remember the guys name but he lived down in Georgia and started having really severe issues with this kind of thing.  The last we heard from him he was going to try to come up for a Dragon Ride about 5-6 years ago.
I bought his Savage from him; Black Beauty I called it.
He had experimented with all sorts of intakes and exhaust baffles to find the right combo for his bike.  One of the intakes was the rubber tube between the carb and air box that was filled with straws that were all stacked up in there and was designed to create a laminar flow effect.  I still have that intake.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 03/16/17 at 14:26:16

Audiologist, not a hearing aid dealer..

AudiologistS aren't selling hearing aids.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 03/16/17 at 14:47:34

LANCER wrote on 03/16/17 at 14:09:54:

I bought his Savage from him; Black Beauty I called it.

That would be Diamond Jim

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 03/16/17 at 17:36:14

Does it still have the intake stack of straws?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/16/17 at 17:51:55

MMR, A friend of mine had the exact same symptons and diagnosis.  After a couple visits and some test the Dr. prescribed a change in sleeping position.  Once he determined which side the crystals had broken loose on he had my friend try to sleep on a certain side which would cause the crystals to migrate back into place.  Even though my friend found it a little hard to sleep all night on a certain side it was enough to fix the problem.  It all went away in a matter of weeks and didn't come back.  I think a blow to the head had something to do with it in the first place, not certain.  Good luck.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 03/16/17 at 18:40:20

Day 5 , and 80% back to normal .   Still going for the training , just in case of re-occurrence .   Wink

Took a bike ride today , felt GREAT !  Smiley

Got the diodes on the Savage and the dash is complete now --- and all is well .   Looks OK too.

Thats my glove box behind the windshield .

0316172017b.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #25 - 03/16/17 at 19:18:48

JOG - depending on which State you are living in.  My point was, that an audiologist with a sound suite at his disposal will give you more accurate info than the local hearing aid guy with a portable audiometer and a free exam.  The possible gap between air conduction and bone conduction scores is most valuable for diagnosis; and accurate low frequencies are more accurately measured in a sound suite than open room.

I didn't catch how MMR came up with the diagnosis. BPPV is a statement indicating other causes for the dizziness (or perhaps true vertigo) has no other indicated cause. One can get a virus that gives similar symptoms.  A tumor in the Internal Auditory Canal can also send you.  Someone on this or the Guzzi forum was just talking about his binaural tumors, a thankfully rare occurrence.

and Dave, self diagnosis is a sketchy deal, if you haven't already go see an Optometrist who will look at your eyes and refer you on to Opthamologist  if necessary.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #26 - 03/16/17 at 19:27:42

Trippah wrote on 03/16/17 at 19:18:48:
JOG - depending on which State you are living in.  My point was, that an audiologist with a sound suite at his disposal will give you more accurate info than the local hearing aid guy with a portable audiometer and a free exam.  The possible gap between air conduction and bone conduction scores is most valuable for diagnosis; and accurate low frequencies are more accurately measured in a sound suite than open room.

MMR said he went to the doctors and got some meds, but an emergency room MD might give different response than the urgent care guy.  You need to see an ENT who hopefully can give you an accurate diagnosis. (Of course, if that is the kind of MD you saw, then you are good to go.. BPPV is a statement indicating other causes for the dizziness (or perhaps true vertigo) has no other indicated cause. One can get a virus that gives similar symptoms.  A tumor in the Internal Auditory Canal can also send you.  Someone on this or the Guzzi forum was just talking about his binaural tumors, a thankfully rare occurrence.

and Dave, self diagnosis is a sketchy deal, if you haven't already go see an Optometrist who will look at your eyes and refer you on to Opthamologist  if necessary.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #27 - 03/16/17 at 19:30:21

Full disclosure - I am a retired Audiologist and one of my daughters is a Optometrist and heavens knows there are not enough people with eye problems or hearing loss to keep the monies flowing. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 03/16/17 at 19:43:08

Trippah
I didn't catch how MMR came up with the diagnosis  

I went to my regular Doctor to find out WTW (what in the world) was going on.  

She knew right-away what it was , but checked her medical book anyway to be sure.   She is so Sharp ... Cute little gal in her mid thirty's with a smile that just glows.   Even my wife like her (she had to help me to get to the Dr.)    Yea , I couldn't drive , and walked with a cane on one side and wife on the other.      Plum embarrassing it was  Embarrassed

badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #29 - 03/16/17 at 19:45:18

Mike,
Does that speedo go to 160 mph ?

WOW YOU MUST REALLY RIDE FAST!!!!

I hope to see you again in June at KSL. I am sure tween you and your doctor you will get things straightened out by then so you can ride!

I have not spoke up about coming yet as I have 2 weekend trips first to Columbia, SC in April, and Augusta, GA in May first. I'll just plan on staying in the bunkhouse.

I ordered a GPS speedo from SpeedHut last week, should be here by the end of the month. I had them make it 0 - 80 mph, I never ride faster than that anyway.  That should give me bigger numbers for my old eyes. I'll mount it like yours above the bars with LEDs for indicators above it. And a little flat sun shade on top to help keep the glare down, and provide a nice place to mount the antenna.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:37:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.