Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cargo/Backpack rails/rack suggestions. (Read 430 times)
pam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ft. Mitchell, KY
Re: Cargo/Backpack rails/rack suggestions.
Reply #15 - 03/04/17 at 22:09:20

thank you  Smiley

IP Logged
JIbber Jabber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/06/17 at 20:27:30

Jasbee wrote on 03/01/17 at 14:29:00:
The Ventura racks are excellent

Thank you Jasbee for posting those pics and your feedback on the rack. I just purchased it today. Btw, what is that contraption on your handlebar and gas tank?

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #17 - 03/11/17 at 10:37:38

Jasbee wrote on 03/01/17 at 14:30:15:
And here's another shot
Jasbee

Jasbee,

On just the frame itself without the pack, did you have to buy anything else to mount it?  If possible, can you list the items(s) that you had to buy and their part numbers/descriptions?

I want to purchase what you have, but only want to get the frame (and mounting, if necessary) right now.  Thanks

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Jasbee
YaBB Newbies

One pot does it

Canberra, Australia
Reply #18 - 03/12/17 at 15:31:23

In reply to jibber jabber: (1) on the left side h/bars is the switchblock for the Oxford heated grips, (2) on LHS of tank is a stick on clock also made by Oxford. See attached photo

piedmontbuckeye: all parts for installation of Ventura racks for your bike come with the rack. I had the dealer fit it, but it's apparently a simple job

Sorry for delay in replies, I've just returned from an 1100 kms trip to NE Victoria on the bike

KS1W3591_001.JPG

Red 2015 S40, Boulevard screen, Ventura rack
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #19 - 03/13/17 at 15:37:52

I just discovered that I posted this on the wrong thread, so I repost it here...

Question for OP:

Was the backpack one that can belt up around your hips with shoulder straps that can be loosened enough so that the weight of the pack can entirely be taken by the seat? I've used a slim full sized backpack with internal frame like this and it is very versatile and stable. If on the other hand it was a pack that was supported by your shoulders only, then I can see that being a problem.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #20 - 03/15/17 at 13:06:33

Jasbee wrote on 03/12/17 at 15:31:23:
piedmontbuckeye: all parts for installation of Ventura racks for your bike come with the rack. I had the dealer fit it, but it's apparently a simple job

Sorry for delay in replies, I've just returned from an 1100 kms trip to NE Victoria on the bike

Did you purchase this from you dealer?  I checked the Ventura site as a previous post had the internet address, and it seemed that the only way to get one of these is to buy from a authorized dealer.  Correct?

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Jasbee
YaBB Newbies

One pot does it

Canberra, Australia
Reply #21 - 03/16/17 at 23:32:56

I've had many Ventura racks over the years, but have always bought from the dealer (I have a great dealer). The racks come from NZ, I have a feeling you can't buy direct, not in Aus anyway. But you certainly can fit them yourself

Jasbee

Red 2015 S40, Boulevard screen, Ventura rack
  IP Logged
JIbber Jabber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 03/29/17 at 11:07:48

piedmontbuckeye wrote on 03/15/17 at 13:06:33:

Did you purchase this from you dealer?  I checked the Ventura site as a previous post had the internet address, and it seemed that the only way to get one of these is to buy from a authorized dealer.  Correct?

I purchased mine from the dealer in Washington state and received it within a week (I live in Brooklyn). As it turns out, I ordered it in chrome, and the computer said they had it in stock, but after they went to fill the order they noticed the box was empty and said it would take 4-6 weeks to get more from NZ. So they gave me close to $100 discount 😁

Attached pic is with my bike cover on the back and my 20lbs briefcase that dislocated my shoulder 😜

IMG_6013.JPG
  IP Logged
JIbber Jabber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/29/17 at 11:13:45

Without my backpack.

IMG_6014.JPG
  IP Logged
JIbber Jabber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 03/29/17 at 14:18:04

In reply to jibber jabber: (1) on the left side h/bars is the switchblock for the Oxford heated grips, (2) on LHS of tank is a stick on clock also made by Oxford. See attached photo

Jasbee, thx for that info.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 15:19:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cargo/Backpack rails/rack suggestions.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.