YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Engine mods??
Reply #15 - 02/16/17 at 03:22:37

batman wrote on 02/15/17 at 19:08:35:
I wonder if going to the 97mm piston to start, isn't a mistake  ,the increase in hp is mainly from the increase in compression (higher thermal efficiency)not displacement .A 94mm-96mm may allow you to overbore the cylinder to 97mm later .Ruttly has a good point, rocker arms newer than 2005 have hardened faces where they ride on the cam.

Good used cylinders are about $50 on eBay......so it isn't that expensive if you end up needing another cylinder way down the road..........(Australia prices may vary).

So far....nobody has worn out a Wiseco of any size.  There were a couple of fellows that suffered a piston/cylinder failure shortly after installing a Wiseco - I do believe that in both instances they ran them hard on the freeway prior to getting 500 miles on the "break in" finished.

It is very important that you take your cylinder to a shop that does boring work every day (pun not intended).  The clearance is critical - too tight and it can seize....too loose and it is already worn out!  Some shops have equipment that they seldom use, and they lack the experience that is needed to get it right the first time!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Engine mods??
Reply #16 - 02/16/17 at 15:58:56

I know people with brains like that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:42:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine mods??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.