Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally got the Dyna on. (Read 53 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Finally got the Dyna on.
02/16/17 at 02:10:57

It's Dynamite. Local muffler chaps did a superlative job, I am well chuffed, $100 AUD, (70 USD) Which is what the Ryca exhaust adapter would cost me delivered to Australia!

Sounds freaking awesome, much much better than I expected. I installed a 150 main jet and as the plastic washer was only 2.5mm thick instead of filing it down, I moved the clip position one notch down because the notches are only 1mm apart so moving it one notch down was like taking 40% off the thickness of the washer. Maybe the US spacers are thicker, I've heard they are 5mm.

I also found the plastic tube in the diaphragm spring like IslandRoad, so I turfed that.

Haven't had a chance to take it for a big ride yet, will go out tomorrow, but so far it seems pretty good. Could be a bit of a problem with speeding fines because it's difficult not to crack it open it sounds so good.

The old muffler sounded like my Bernina 730 Record sewing machine, which is good for a sewing machine but nicht so gut for a motor sickle. Now it actually sounds like the genuine article.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Finally got the Dyna on.
Reply #1 - 02/16/17 at 03:00:29

Hey Eau, yeah I know what you mean about the sound! It's pretty cool.

And as for that plastic tube, just wait until you can open the bike up on an open back road Smiley

I'll put a topic in the tech section soon for "Suzuki S40 (Australia) -  removing the rev limiter"  Wink

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Finally got the Dyna on.
Reply #2 - 02/16/17 at 08:50:16

Nice to see you "down under "guys coming "UP " in the world ! Smiley Smiley Smiley

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:33:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finally got the Dyna on.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.