Send Topic Print
New Member (Read 188 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New Member
Reply #15 - 02/10/17 at 10:55:38

Low idle speed starves the cam. Letting it idle leaned over on the stand starves the high lobe.
The rest is stuff that will come up in time, details like clutch throw out rods,  nothing to sweat today.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 02/10/17 at 16:47:29

Big Mike wrote on 02/10/17 at 06:02:46:
This isn't my first rodeo rebuilding parts on a bike, but now that I know that the Raptor mod is to fix an underlying issue of a failure that doesn't seem to fall into a pattern, I'll order a Raptor one when I order some parts for my R* this weekend.

My "strong" suggestion was not made to imply any lack of ability....it was more intended in an effort to keep your son out of trouble.  When the petcock begins to get fussy.....it can cause all kinds of weird symptoms....one of which is the bike can suddenly stop running when you need it most.  One of our forum members was passing a truck on the interstate and had the throttle open in an attempt to get the pass done, and suddenly the bike stopped running.  It turned out that when the throttle was opened up and the vacuum in the carb dropped....there was not enough of a vacuum to operate the petcock.  For other owners the bike can get too rich as a result of the petcock leaking fuel down the vac line......and others have had erratic behavior that has them chasing down electric gremlins that don't exist.  Changing cams, exhaust or air filters may also alter the vacuum and the proper operation of the stock vacuum petcock.

I didn't want your son getting stuck in a bad situation......when it could be avoided.  Show him how to use the golf tee and vacuum cap to bypass the vacuum line and use the PRI.....and he will be able to make it back home! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Big Mike
YaBB Newbies

Bloomington, In.
Reply #17 - 02/11/17 at 10:20:19

Before he is allowed out on the road on his own, I will make that change. Right now he is only allowed to ride on the road we live on. He doesn't have a permit or anything yet, but our road is a private road so he can run up and down it without getting in trouble.  Grin

Big Mike
President
MotorCychos M/C Charity Riders
Bloomington, In
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:21:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Member