Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike dies at lights or won't shift into 1st. (Read 208 times)
Kruzader

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Stockon, CA
Re: Bike dies at lights or won't shift into 1st.
Reply #15 - 01/31/17 at 00:12:12

savagebruh wrote on 01/30/17 at 11:51:21:
darn well I hope I haven't kicked that thing too hard to break it. I'll check it out. It seems like I should check the petcock for sure and or adjust the idle speed. I have zero tools and know how so we'll see how it goes. 😅

Like you, I am not that moto mech savvy, but with the help of other members and around $50 dollars, I fixed my bike from turning off at stops or around first gear.

For tools all you need is a philp screw driver, some pliers, a utility knife.
Screw driver to detach the petcock, pliers for the clamps, and a utility knife to cut the hose. OH YEA and 2 minor things, a container to drain the gas tank (before you even start anything)...and the rubber cap to close a piece of the carburator.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1315418285

When you need something and have limited resources be creative.

2005 Boulevard S40 - Elevation 13'
  IP Logged
savagebruh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/31/17 at 00:32:05

I didn't rejet the carb. I have noticed too since I changed the exhaust it pops a lot more which I figured was from not re jetting.  I didn't know it could be contributing too the engine dying too.

Glad to know someone else with little experience has been able to fix this same problem. Thanks for the advice, makes me feel less intimidated.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #17 - 01/31/17 at 10:11:45

You might want to revisit your muffler install ,an air leak where the muffler and exhaust pipe meet can cause increased popping.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 01/31/17 at 10:40:34

I didn't see it, but did anyone mention the clutch may need some adjustment? I had a hard shifting problem awhile back, and it just needed a little clutch adjustment. I guess, like anything else that moves, the plates wear a little over time, cables stretch, etc. And I'll chime in on that petcock. It's been the source of many unhappy Savage riders. Put it on PRI and ride for awhile and see if that helps.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 01/31/17 at 14:40:44

I don't understand why anyone would even wait. Unless you are just determined to have a vacuum operated petcock, and some just simply prefer it, knowing what the eventual result will be, but I bought a Raptor petcock about a week after I got the bike. I installed it when it was valve adjust time. It was leaking.
Versy, I think the spring inside the petcock would cut down and make a great spring for the Verslavy last mod. It's very flat on the ends.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 01/31/17 at 15:17:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/31/17 at 14:40:44:
Versy, I think the spring inside the petcock would cut down and make a great spring for the Verslavy last mod. It's very flat on the ends.

I have to check it out, got a couple sitting in a box doing nothing.

But I did find 1 that I want to check, found it in the plumbing section.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:34:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike dies at lights or won't shift into 1st.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.