Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Paper  Money ?
01/10/17 at 20:40:46

Paper Money

OK, what is the censuses, about.
Paper  Money  vs,  tangible things,  (land, bouillon, guns, other, non depreciateable items)

Stay the course, or, get rid of the ‘paper’ ?

As little as 20 years ago, could have bought ALL  Sorts of firearms, then 150-250,
Same ones, 2 months ago, worth, 550-750,  Today,  425-625.

Thoughts?

No need for the, ‘lost', to respond. I know what their suggestion would be.   (“The Sky Is Falling, because the DNC is Not in charge, so everything will turn to sh i t”)

What ever good intentions, Trump, may do. They may be totally,  sabotaged,  by the, ‘lost’, people, and the, ‘go ‘ol Boys’.
Just to say:   “See  Told Ya So”,  (as all indications are now pointing to, as to ’their’, total UN-Willingness, to  work together, and communicate).

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Re: Paper  Money ?
Reply #1 - 01/11/17 at 00:24:12

I think this very short clip says it best LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Z6qWRugCY

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/11/17 at 06:21:44

Land is the only thing God's not making more of.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 01/11/17 at 11:26:56

Study what has been happening in Venezuela.
What could they have done to protect themselves from hardship and loss?
Without knowing more about you, your abilities, financial situation, it's not easy to answer your question. I'm not sure I'd answer it here.. I already started over twice..
If you want to call and talk about stuff, PM me. I'll give you my number.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/11/17 at 11:38:16

Both sides have merit, no?

However, a very wise man once told me - there is only so much land, buy whatever you can afford.  I guess the same holds true with precious metal.

Paper is only a promise, but it's backed by the US, so...

A good debate question MNS.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 01/11/17 at 12:02:23

Venezuela's money, the Weimar Republic's money, they were backed by the nation..
Our Big advantage stems from the deal with Saudi Arabia to only buy and sell oil in dollars. THAT gave our dollars intrinsic value. The Tally Stick was the only currency accepted for paying taxes. In one respect they were a Fiat currency, but, since that was the only way you could pay your taxes, they had value and were desired and sought after.
If enough oil starts being bought and sold using monies other than the dollar, then global demand for the dollar drops.

Odd, innit? Ol Saddam Hussein and that crazy Libyan had both been talking about Not accepting dollars for their oil.  

saddam hussein announces no dollars for oil

Gaddafi doesn't want dollars for oil

I don't want to see our dollar crash, but I don't appreciate the government using the media to tell me that we are gonna go blow the place up to save the people from their Eeevil dictator.
What ever happened to the Spoils of War?
Why isn't Our flag flying over the places where we went to
Spread some democracy?
Seems like we could be importing the oil and saving billions.

I Feel it in the back of my head. It's not quite ready,,

Somehow it would upset the need/demand for dollars?
I have a smart friend,  next time we talk I'll try to remember to ask. He Might conjecturize up a reasonable sounding excuse for invading but not taking the place over.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/11/17 at 13:49:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/11/17 at 12:02:23:
Venezuela's money, the Weimar Republic's money, they were backed by the nation..
Our Big advantage stems from the deal with Saudi Arabia to only buy and sell oil in dollars. THAT gave our dollars intrinsic value. The Tally Stick was the only currency accepted for paying taxes. In one respect they were a Fiat currency, but, since that was the only way you could pay your taxes, they had value and were desired and sought after.
If enough oil starts being bought and sold using monies other than the dollar, then global demand for the dollar drops.

Odd, innit? Ol Saddam Hussein and that crazy Libyan had both been talking about Not accepting dollars for their oil.  

saddam hussein announces no dollars for oil

Gaddafi doesn't want dollars for oil

I don't want to see our dollar crash, but I don't appreciate the government using the media to tell me that we are gonna go blow the place up to save the people from their Eeevil dictator.
What ever happened to the Spoils of War?

You know as well as I,  the "wars" of the last three decades were NOT about democracy.  Oil... drill baby drill!

Which is why our flag isn't flying over the places where we went to "Spread some democracy".

Seems like we could be importing the oil and saving billions.

I Feel it in the back of my head. It's not quite ready,,

Somehow it would upset the need/demand for dollars?
I have a smart friend,  next time we talk I'll try to remember to ask. He Might conjecturize up a reasonable sounding excuse for invading but not taking the place over.

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #7 - 01/11/17 at 14:06:15

Paraquat wrote on 01/11/17 at 06:21:44:
Land is the only thing God's not making more of.

--Steve

yea but it is also the only thing you pay tax on even after you own it

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/11/17 at 14:09:29

I'm still trying to understand Why we spend all the Blood and Treasure to stomp someone and Not plant our flag. The oil is right there, and it's so cheap to produce in some places. Lots of places don't even have pump jacks. They have to run the oil through choke valves to restrict the flow.
There's a reason why we don't just take these places and call them a territory, but I don't know what it is yet.
Seems like the sale of the oil would pay for the repairs to everything, BUT, by wrecking the production it takes Those barrels off the global market. There's a price point on a barrel of oil that is beneficial to our economy.
I wish I could find the article I read the other day.

So, why do you think we no longer go to war with the idea of
To the victor goes the spoils?
Someone is gonna call that Their country. I don't even Know who or what group is in charge in Iraq or Libya right now. I don't know how many barrels of oil are being produced and sold on the global market and who is pocketing the money.

Hmmm,,  now THERE'S a potentially really bad idea..

iraq selling oil on global market

Lots to look at there..

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 01/11/17 at 14:29:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/11/17 at 14:09:29:
I'm still trying to understand Why we spend all the Blood and Treasure to stomp someone and Not plant our flag. The oil is right there, and it's so cheap to produce in some places. Lots of places don't even have pump jacks. They have to run the oil through choke valves to restrict the flow.
There's a reason why we don't just take these places and call them a territory, but I don't know what it is yet.

I came across this:  The U.S. may have kept the spoils of war “in the old days,” but not since 1907. The Hague Conventions banned the seizure of enemy property except when absolutely necessary. Article 23 (g) in particular states that it is “especially forbidden” to “destroy or seize the enemy’s property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war.”

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #10 - 01/11/17 at 14:51:38

T And T Garage wrote on 01/11/17 at 14:29:36:

I came across this:  The U.S. may have kept the spoils of war “in the old days,” but not since 1907. The Hague Conventions banned the seizure of enemy property except when absolutely necessary. Article 23 (g) in particular states that it is “especially forbidden” to “destroy or seize the enemy’s property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war.”

I am not well versed on it but what about west berlin after WWII

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/11/17 at 15:06:32

Joer0952 wrote on 01/11/17 at 14:51:38:

Good question - perhaps it was "imperatively demanded by the necessities of war"?

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #12 - 01/11/17 at 15:15:52

T And T Garage wrote on 01/11/17 at 15:06:32:

Good question - perhaps it was "imperatively demanded by the necessities of war"?

without further research I will have to except that

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 01/11/17 at 15:31:48

staggering reparations were demanded of germany after wwi, but not wwii.
occupation is a different matter of course.
so is seizure of military assets.

seizure of property would be easier to show with east germany as it went communist.

WWW   IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #14 - 01/11/17 at 15:56:20

verslagen1 wrote on 01/11/17 at 15:31:48:

staggering reparations were demanded of germany after wwi, but not wwii.
occupation is a different matter of course.
so is seizure of military assets.

seizure of property would be easier to show with east germany as it went communist.

Yea but were talking about US policy not the former USSR's policy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:46:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Paper  Money ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.