Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
I re-jetted for Dyna Muffler - Seeking feedback (Read 861 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: I re-jetted for Dyna Muffler - Seeking feedbac
Reply #75 - 01/13/17 at 16:47:29

Very cool dude, making do/modifying to make it work.
Outstanding work on the washers !

My youngest daughter and her husband are both officers in the US Marine Corp; they say " when faced with a problem with no solution a Marine will IMPROVISE !

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #76 - 01/20/17 at 00:48:22

Just adding the latest update to this thread for anyone who is interested.

I haven't changed the setup since the last post, but the weather has changed - The jets are now at 52.5(stock)/152.5(3 steps up from stock). The spacer is at 50% thickness.

I still had a bit of surging that I have been trying to figure out how to eliminate - but now think I don't need to.

So, the weather here has changed over the last few days, and the surging is gone! When I was doing the original carb tuning we were experiencing days of 35°C (95°F) with humidity at 100%. Now the humidity is still up around 95% but the temperature is around 25°C (77°F). I took the bike for a couple of long rides and it was just terrific!

It's great to feel the bike running the way I knew it could. It idles well, is smooth right through the throttle range, and if I open up the throttle it 'runs like a scolded dog' (as Lancer put it in an earlier post  Cool)

I even had a chance to wind it out on a quiet stretch of straight country highway. I've read in some other threads the kinds of upper limits others found their bike could hit - and where the bike starts to struggle. I'd rather not talk numbers here but, let's just say, the bike didn't struggle.

I'm adding all these details because I learned a lot by reading other people's trials and tribulations, so I hope it's useful to somebody  Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #77 - 01/20/17 at 00:53:33

For anyone interested, there are two other threads, with discussions about the Dyna muff and the carb, which were running simultaneous to this one:

This thread was about mounting the Dyna muff:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1483510375

And this one was about a petcock problem I discovered while doing the tuning - the discussion turned to the specifics of our carbs:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1484457581

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #78 - 01/20/17 at 16:06:45

Yea!, a tuned carb & a dyna ! kind of hard to wipe the smile from your face isn't it?

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #79 - 01/20/17 at 20:49:14

Yep  Grin

batman wrote on 01/20/17 at 16:06:45:
Yea!, a tuned carb & a dyna ! kind of hard to wipe the smile from your face isn't it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:32:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I re-jetted for Dyna Muffler - Seeking feedback

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.