Send Topic Print
Re: User Ratings (Read 98 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: User Ratings
12/08/16 at 10:13:17

Kenny  I believe that the HD stuff was also meant to be used on the black wrinkle finished engines as well without damaging finish , not so sure about the Gunk brand. Diluted simple green and water hose then I blow it dry with air is what I do

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #1 - 12/08/16 at 11:12:53

I've used the S100 a few times. I bought it in a 16.9 oz pump spray bottle for around $9. Got three washes out of the bottle. It worked fine but the bike wasn't exceptionally dirty, just the usual grime from riding on wet roads. I don't know if it is any good as a degreaser 'cause there wasn't any oil or grease to wash off.

So, three bucks a wash. Spray it on , hose it off, wipe off the tank, fenders and wheels with an old towel. Dry the rest of the bike off with my electric leaf blower.  Ten, maybe fifteen minutes.

The advertising for the S100 claims that it contains corrosion inhibitors. I've got no way to prove or disprove that, but from the standpoint of getting the dirt off the bike  it works fine.

The empty bottle with the pump sprayer will no doubt come in handy one of these days too. It's a lot sturdier than the crappy dollar store ones that I sometimes swipe from my wife's laundry room.

I didn't buy it from Amazon, I got it at a bike shop, so I paid a little more, but this is what the spray bottle looks like:

https://www.amazon.com/S100-12500S-Total-Cleaner-Bottle/dp/B0036GK83Y

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 12/08/16 at 11:40:33

Kenny, I'd love to have 10,000 forums where we could focus on the various bits and pieces of the bike and other products, but we don't.
The best we can do post it in a place where it can be found if someone cared to look for it.  You'll find a lot of this type of hodge podge info in 'daily hot tips'.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1203470728

WWW   IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #3 - 12/08/16 at 13:58:43

Verslagen,

I keep an eye on the Daily Tips and I have picked up quite a few worthwhile ideas.

Perhaps I should have posted my epistle about bike cleaners in the Daily Tips?

Kenny G

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 12/08/16 at 14:15:16

Yes

WWW   IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #5 - 12/09/16 at 09:43:04

I'm assuming this was split from a different thread that I didn't read yet. S100 is mentioned though. I've used it a number of times and it definitely works well. It's a very good degreaser as well if you have a bike with that kind of issue.

Like was mentioned earlier too, it works well on painted and black surfaces. I tend to find that Simple Green leaves spots on stuff like that.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #6 - 12/09/16 at 10:00:59

It was moved to tips of the day.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print