Best barbque ever..... (Read 151 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Best barbque ever.....
12/01/16 at 04:44:29

I consider myself a pretty good patio chef.
I love char-broil food.
Even veggies taste better simply cooked on a grill as opposed to boiling and butter.
I Have a fool proof method to cooking red meat on a grill too!

Anyway, I thought I would share my experience with you.
I purchased on line a second grill to replace my current one when I went to move it yesterday to get out of the rain and it pulled apart in my hands  Shocked

It was about 5 years old, and I left it out uncovered.
It's a Char-Broil Patio Bristol, gas.
It has what they call infrared cooking, and it gets really hot but even heat displacement on the grill, which is key to consistent results.

It is only one burner, and kettle shaped, and the best grill by far that I have used.
Friends went and bought their own after eating the results off mine, and they live theirs too!

It's not big enough to cook a feast, but how often do you do that?

At about 125 bucks delivered to your house, I feel it's a good deal.
Fast and hot, is key to getting awesome flat grilling results that give you charring but doesn't dry out your food, leaving the juices and flavor intact!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Best barbque ever.....
Reply #1 - 12/01/16 at 10:31:14

Barbecue is something you eat, like brisket or pulled pork. A grill is something you cook on. Even a guy who lives in NJ knows that!

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/01/16 at 13:23:10

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 12/01/16 at 10:31:14:
Barbecue is something you eat, like brisket or pulled pork. A grill is something you cook on. Even a guy who lives in NJ knows that!

What.....
Sorry, I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying through your jurzee dielect  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Mr.T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tega Cay, SC
Reply #3 - 12/01/16 at 17:46:05

I have one as well, going on about 2 years. Pros: cooks food in about half the time, usually at about 700 degrees (0n high). Sears meat quick, so it keeps the juice in. Veggies do cook up great as well. Cons: the grill surface has little slits in it and are not easy to clean up, so keeping up with it is more than a usual grill. You can turn it on high after you get done cooking and it will turn everything almost to ash. Well, that's the lazy mans way, which is to say my way, but eventually you gotta scrape the hell out of it or the little slits clog up. The grill surface it finally starting to fall apart as well as the burner "tent" so I'm going have to spend about $60 to get it back to right again.Still, all in all, I've been very happy with it. Perfect size, doesn't take up much, and a tank lasts a long time because the cooking time is shortened.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
  IP Logged
Mr.T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tega Cay, SC
Reply #4 - 12/01/16 at 17:57:25

And a FYI, here in SC, BBQ is food cooked by smoke. Everything else is just grilling.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #5 - 12/01/16 at 19:31:36

Barbecue is not food. It's how you cook the meat. Low and slow. Most people just call grilled meat "barbecue". Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - 12/01/16 at 19:37:44

Kris01 wrote on 12/01/16 at 19:31:36:
Barbecue is not food. It's how you cook the meat. Low and slow. Most people just call grilled meat "barbecue". Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.

Yep.  BBQ is low heat, usually indirect heat, and usually a lot of time.  Grilling is high heat on direct heat.  Perfectly acceptable pet peeve.

I'm old school.  I have a charcoal kettle grill and do my ribs, pork shoulders, pork butts, chickens, burgers etc on charcoal and hardwood.  I love to cook a big piece of steel head fish over Mesquite but generally use Apple and Hickory for the other stuff I BBQ and/or grill.  Steel head has become our favorite meal and I just turned my Dad on to it.  He's a fisherman for his whole life and can't believe he's missed out on steel head!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/02/16 at 04:40:16

Yes, the grill which gives it this searing ability is also its bugger....
But as I stated, it is for flat grilling, cooking, barbqueung 😱

I can toss a salmon on whole, well, not a 12 pounder...
But a section of it, hit that beast for about 4 minutes per side at 700 degrees and it is wonderful....moist, cooks in its own juice, flakes right off the bones.
No way would I do a brisket, ribs, etc this way...

Like ice cream and women, their is many different ways to enjoy it  Grin

IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #8 - 12/02/16 at 06:33:53

I'll throw my comments in...

BBQ is a sauce. Grilling is high, direct heat. A grill is the device that you use for this. The low and slow cooking is smoking. It can be done on a grill but a dedicated smoker that allows more space between the heat source and meat is preferred.

I've always been a snob with grilling and won't budge in my charcoal ways. Gas is for the lazy.  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 12/02/16 at 07:59:55

OK

So many ways to cook ....  Roll Eyes .... / When spring gets here , let us know when to show-up !

Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 12/02/16 at 15:37:19

barbecue definition

Look!
Out in the back yard!
It's a noun!
It's a verb!
It's an event!
It's , it's, it's
Time to EAT!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #11 - 12/02/16 at 17:09:49

That's funny. Over here a barbeque is a flat hotplate over a flame. You cook your food on the bbq. But bbq is not food, just the tool to cook it. However, with gentrification creeping into the city, there ars some US style bbq places opening up for the  hipsters in inner city apartments with no room for a bbq of their own. The rot's set in...
When we cook a bbq with US visitors their cry is "let's grill!"

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 12/02/16 at 17:53:41

FINALLY!! Throwing anothuh shrimp on th Bahbee
doesn't sound idiotic. I've been wondering for decades why they didn't fall through the grill.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #13 - 12/02/16 at 20:35:34

I am happy to have set your mind at rest  Smiley . It was kind of odd that they called them shrimp so you guys would understand but left the bbq part ambiguous. Shrimps are called prawns here.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 12/02/16 at 21:33:48

So
Pitch another prawn on the griddle?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 09:40:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Best barbque ever.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.