Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Think'n and Drink'n again ..... (Read 374 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Think'n and Drink'n again .....
Reply #15 - 11/23/16 at 22:26:53

You still going to use the "Strap-under-the-seat" and wheel guard thingiees ?   Huh

That board should help them hold their shape a lot better !   Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 11/23/16 at 22:49:44

No check valve..

But,  

Voltage: 12

Features: Compatible - with Leaded or Unleaded Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Blended Fuels, Pure Alcohol & Fuel Additives. Reliable  - No Electrical Contacts, Bearings, Rubber Diaphragms or Valves to Wear Out or Fatigue. Easy to Install & Service. Eliminates Vapor Lock - for Constant, Smooth Fuel Delivery on Hot Days & High Altitudes. Pressure Relief - Eliminates Flooding & Assures Satisfactory Restarting on the Hottest Days. Corrosion Resistant - the All Steel Case Is Plated to Provide Over 100 Hours of Salt Spray Resistance. Self-Priming - to 12 Inches of Fuel Lift.

Filter Specifications: N/A

Fitting Type: 1/8-27 Internally Threaded

GPH: 25

Min Dry Lift: 12in / 30.48cm

Max Shutoff Pressure: 4 PSI

Min Shutoff Pressure: 1.5 PSI

Negative Leads: 0.25" Ring Terminal

Includes Positive Shutoff Valve?: No

Includes Check Valve?: No

Includes Quiet Valve?: No

Reliable  - No Electrical Contacts, Bearings, Rubber Diaphragms or Valves to Wear Out or Fatigue.

Well, How Does it move fuel?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 11/24/16 at 05:46:55

If you are talking about Dave's example, it is a metal stutter diaphragm sort of thing using piezoelectric effects (tiny, rapid motion).  It is also over $75 and violates the Jedi price rules accordingly.

This is one thing that is clear about Dave and his digs and his toys, everything is well thought out and NICELY DONE, by golly.   His supply of parts that he has collected is amazing because it is ORGANIZED and he knows where everything is.

If you are talking mine, it is an impeller pump, normal and simple.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 11/24/16 at 05:50:26

They are intended to be bolt on bags, no strap included.   The extra plywood support was put in to support the load that comes from leaving loaded gas jugs in the bags over long periods of time.   I figured the gas weight needed the extra strength when a bump comes along.  Bags have a steel frame already (not supremely strong, but steel).

The bags are not made of leather, think of car door interior material.

=======================================

Barritainer gas jugs came in --- they fit just as good as I planned for them to do.   2.6 gallons a piece, plus the 2.5 gallon main tank = 7.2 gallons plus the standard factory tank's reserve amount, whatever that is.

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 11/28/16 at 07:25:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

IMG_20161125_113052.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 11/25/16 at 15:33:39

MM, lookie what I found, .30 caliber cast bullets, unsized and unchecked.    What size do you want them sized at to fit your son's 30 caliber K31 Swiss rifle?

The syle is called "Fat 30" and the nose runs from .302" to .304" on a taper so it will definitely find your rifling (and your forcing cone) in your son's K31 rifle.

If you load it long (and it sees some significant loading force when the action get slammed shut) you will see it pull the bullet from the case if you try to pull a round out of the chamber, so take care to load it somewhat on the short (loose) side to keep that from happening.    

Remember, there is .002" to 003" variation in the as-cast nose, so you need to find you a big one to set up your loading depth to the case.

The bore would like to see it sized at around .309" (a thou bigger than the groove diameter).

IMG_20161125_182947.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 11/25/16 at 20:06:57

That's mighty nice of ya to offer.   Those are also some mighty heavy looking bullets too.  Shocked

You know there ain't nothing bigger than 150# deer around here to shoot at.   I was thinking about some 115 gr. projectiles and 2000 fps neighborhood.

Those are some nice looking fuel tanks ya got going on there.  Looks like 2 Gals. each ?  Be sure to leave the hoses long enough to reach your buddy's tank for those "Middle of nowhere" rides !  Grin  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 11/26/16 at 06:55:56

They are roughly about the same weight as what he is shooting now.  Of course you will download them to cast speeds ~ 1400 - 1600 ~ fps where they will not kick at all, but they still have enough momentum and mass to take a quartering shot OK, penetrating completely and leaving a good blood trail.

I have them lubed and I will size them to .308-309 on the lubed bands if you want them.    You will have to seat them deep so they will load/unload reliably --- pick a fat nose example to set the depth up with.

I will bring them to the next trip, if you want them.    Pending word from you I'll leave them at 312" diameter on the bands -- can go into a .303 Brit or a .312" Argentine or .312" Spanish Mauser or a Marlin Microgroove 30-30 at that diameter.   Might also work in my 30-06 as Savage rifling is very shallow (not as bad as a Marlin, but skimpy compared to older guns).

Dave, shall I save that canopy skeleton or not?   I expanded it to find only one member was bent, so it still has a lot of good parts for your old skeleton.

« Last Edit: 11/28/16 at 05:50:13 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 11/26/16 at 16:08:13

Oldfeller:

Sorry I didn't respond to your PM....I was out of town and had limited internet access, and responding using my phone is tedious (my fingers are too fat to type on those little screens).

Unless the skeleton is from an EZUP Vantage - there is no need to keep it for me.  The parts aren't interchangeable from one builder to another....or even between different models from EZ UP.  I can buy the pieces I need from EZUP....I just haven't got around to ordering them.  I also have to patch a couple of tears in the fabric.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 11/26/16 at 17:33:56

Thanks OF, piezoelectric vibrations, I'd need to autopsy one..
Or get some No Kidding drawings.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 11/27/16 at 18:22:20

Bowl of bullets

IMG_20161127_212023635.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 11/27/16 at 19:26:08

just add milk... yum

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 11/27/16 at 20:01:26

That bowl of bullets did look appetizing .  Grin

You must have a size/lube machine.  I've been doing mine with liquid alox and they don't look as pertly as that bowl you got  .   So how much do they weigh ?  I've got a 170gr. mold that looks like that.  

How about size them 308 or 309 and we'll load em mild and accurate .  Wink

It ain't what ya hit with / but where ya hit !  Cool

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 11/28/16 at 05:43:36

Yup, I have an RCBS Lubriciser and am set up for most calibers of the old Milsurp world.

And I have a weight, measured after lubing at 192 grains ....  and a story to go with it.

Wink

I was shooting this bullet out of an early model 39-A Marlin Microgroove 30-30 variant that I picked up cheap from a pawnshop as a "how to do a gun renovation" show and tell project.   Stock had been spray painted (along with some of the metal) and it was rusted in places.

Stripped and refinished the stock, found it was a pretty dark walnut underneath.   Bluing responded very well to the oil and steel wool trick, only had a just a few spots where the real bluing was interrupted by rust pitting big enough to be noticeable.

Put a scope on it and bought me a six banger mold in the new Fat 30 that suspiciously finished development able to fit a wide range of 30 caliber guns, both old guns and new guns.

Found the old gun to be the most accurate cast bullet gun I had at the time, and this was shooting the Fat 30 bullet.   Started shooting it at 250 yards to see if the accuracy held up at long distances (some cast gun/bullet combos fall off in accuracy crossing the sound barrier, some fall off very badly and actually start hitting sideways).    I also wanted to empirically see how far bullet drop actually was (28" if memory serves) and if could you predict it well enough to use it at long distances (yes).

Fat 30 held an 8"- 12" group size at 250 yards -- very good for a cast bullet at that sort of distance.

In screwing around at 250 yards I was using a new 4' x 8'  sheet of 1/2" plywood as my target, with it leaned up against a 6" diameter hardwood tree.    Several slugs went through the target and the tree and happened to stick into a larger tree further along in the woods.   Still point on, still penetrating after 6" of hardwood so it would certainly do lethal damage to a meat animal at range that you can very rarely see that far in the NC woods.

It is my experience that no cast load kicks for very much, this is because you have to hold the velocity down to keep cast shooting accurately.   However, you do need to keep the bullet weight up to have good penetration when it strikes something.

I actually crimped that bullet into the cases, with the Lee roll over crimp that all their loading dies will do.   The crimp was out on that tapered nose and it was strong enough to bite into the bullet, preventing it from moving around when banged around in a tubular 30-30 magazine.

Bagged and tagged and ready to load .....   remember to FIND YOU A REALLY FAT NOSE BULLET and use that one when setting up the seating depth.   Then set it up loose, as the gun has a "slam to rotate & load" action with no real camming action to force a too fat nose on into the chamber.   Either that, or caliper hand sort out the fat nose bullets -- you don't want any chambering issues when hunting.   As a matter of fact, always run the rounds through the chamber before loading the magazine for a hunting trip .....
« Last Edit: 11/29/16 at 07:17:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

IMG_20161128_100959681.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 11/29/16 at 08:09:46

I picked up on a new twist for the Barcalounger project, and that is that come inspection time it all has to be able to be removed so the bike can pass inspection.

Ditto for the extra tank on the Savage ......    able to be completely gone.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 11/29/16 at 13:56:31

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/27/16 at 18:22:20:
Bowl of bullets

There are so many who need a full serving of bullet soup.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 16:52:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Think'n and Drink'n again .....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.