Send Topic Print
Dyna (Read 71 times)
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Dyna
11/15/16 at 19:39:30

Just put a Dyna muffler on .  I know that I have to re-jet, no problem.  The thing is that the Dyna seems as restrictive as the stock muffler.  Can that be true ?

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Re: Dyna
Reply #1 - 11/16/16 at 05:28:58

A stock dyna muffler is not a noisy beast. It is a little louder and has a deeper tone than the stock muffler. Also, you may not need to rejet with just a muffler change.

If you want a little more noise, you can drill a hole in the baffle plate that blocks direct access through the muffler. I put a 1/2 inch hole in mine and liked the resulting sound.

You are probably expecting the sound of a gutted dyna muffler. The baffle plate is a press fit into the muffler tube and can be knocked out with a hammer and a long rod or broomstick. If you do this, the muffler will be significantly louder, as the muffler becomes straight through with only perforations in the sides of the tube to modify the sound. If you make this mod, a rejet is in order. It may also lessen your midrange torque.

IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #2 - 11/16/16 at 05:56:19

No airbox, K-N cone filter.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 11/16/16 at 10:24:15

Hotrod ,Your need to rejet ,becomes greater as you move closer to sea level,If you drill the baffle ! (I wouldn't) I'd start with a1/4 inch hole and work up from there,keep in mind that a cone filter and a straight pipe (drilled baffle) is a setup that is very difficult to jet properly.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:34:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.