New rim 15X3,5 (Read 62 times)
phase
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New rim 15X3,5
11/14/16 at 00:21:31

Hi guys!

I'm going to pass the spanish government's technical inspection for vehicles with my bike. I have a Pirelli Route tire as rear wheel (170/80 15 77H) and I need to change the rim cause Savage's original rim (15x2,75) its not legal with the tire I mount.

So, Im looking for a 15X3,5 rim, does anybody had the same problem? Any compatible rim from another japanese bike to look for?

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: New rim 15X3,5
Reply #1 - 11/14/16 at 07:38:33

badwolf wrote on 01/13/16 at 16:12:43:
I finally squeezed a Shinko 230 150/90 -15 on the back of my S40. It did NOT just go on. I had to replace the side rail bolts with button head bolts and re-space the wheel and pulley. It fits under the fender, but not by much.( 6.25" wide ) With the Kaw. pulleys and big ass tire ( 78.25" circumference ) the odometer is now 23% off according to the gps.  Before anyone gets excited about such a big tire on a narrow rim, when I changed the rear pulley I installed a 3.5" aluminum wheel of a 02' Marauder so I could run tubeless. I was not happy the way the tire balanced at home and am thinking about using tire balancing beads to finish the job. I did a search about it and didn't find much. Has anyone got experience with using beads to balance a bike tire? They have glass, ceramic and plastic. I am leaning toward the ceramic after a few vids on UTube.
 On a related note, the bike seems happy now cruising at 60 at under 3400rpm. With one of Super Thumper's Harley mufflers I just love the way it sounds . A 55 to 70 roll-on is still reasonable in 5th, but I'm not trying to race anyone. If I cruse normal roads in the low 50's I am getting mileage in the mid 60's! With gas cheap now and retired, I am looking at some serious trips and mileage this summer.

It's been done.

WWW   IP Logged
phase
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New rim 15X3,5
Reply #2 - 11/15/16 at 10:45:48

verslagen1 wrote on 11/14/16 at 07:38:33:
badwolf wrote on 01/13/16 at 16:12:43:
I finally squeezed a Shinko 230 150/90 -15 on the back of my S40. It did NOT just go on. I had to replace the side rail bolts with button head bolts and re-space the wheel and pulley. It fits under the fender, but not by much.( 6.25" wide ) With the Kaw. pulleys and big ass tire ( 78.25" circumference ) the odometer is now 23% off according to the gps.  Before anyone gets excited about such a big tire on a narrow rim, when I changed the rear pulley I installed a 3.5" aluminum wheel of a 02' Marauder so I could run tubeless. I was not happy the way the tire balanced at home and am thinking about using tire balancing beads to finish the job. I did a search about it and didn't find much. Has anyone got experience with using beads to balance a bike tire? They have glass, ceramic and plastic. I am leaning toward the ceramic after a few vids on UTube.
 On a related note, the bike seems happy now cruising at 60 at under 3400rpm. With one of Super Thumper's Harley mufflers I just love the way it sounds . A 55 to 70 roll-on is still reasonable in 5th, but I'm not trying to race anyone. If I cruse normal roads in the low 50's I am getting mileage in the mid 60's! With gas cheap now and retired, I am looking at some serious trips and mileage this summer.

It's been done.

Thank you! I'll look for the 02 Marauder too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:18:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New rim 15X3,5

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.