Tire and Tube Question (Read 247 times)
MadSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago
Re: Tire and Tube Question
Reply #15 - 06/01/19 at 12:06:02

Thank you Dave for you quick and in depth response. I contacted the company, Chaparral Motorsports, about the front tire. Their response was that I could return it with a 15% restocking fee and paying $19 for shipping. Basically better off buying a new tire in three years considering the original price $59 with shipping.they shipped fast, the two tires taped together. Idk what is the shipping standard for motorcycle tires but I wasn't troubled by the 'packaging' .
While doing a little research to back up my argument and to be sure I sounded technically correct I did find a few articles that say we exaggerate to demand fresh tires (produced the year of) from the middle men. Of course, someone gets the short end of the stick in the end. So I guess more choice in tires with competitive prices, or fresh tires every time is the question. I'm not unhappy with a 2017, considering I'm rolling with the original tires right now  Grin Shocked
In your case with a 4 year old (new) tire I would definitely put up a stronger fight.
I was leaning towards spoke weights for the balancing, but a set is pricey. And I like the beads because they are invisible. I will indeed be doing the work myself, I'll check the rims after removing the tires, then again after mounting and see from there I guess.

'02|9k miles|

MODS: ... To be announced

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 19:15:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire and Tube Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.