Main jet advice (Read 491 times)
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Main jet advice
Reply #30 - 12/21/19 at 06:19:18

d3adrock wrote on 12/20/19 at 11:34:02:
Can this bike be rejet without taking the carb out?

Can it be, sure. Should it be is the question. If the carb was recently serviced, and you are simply swapping one jet for another for fine tuning, then yes that’s one way to do it.

However, getting the carb off of the bike is a good time to inspect all of the o-rings, check the float height, the condition of the seat and give it a basic cleaning.

Honestly, when your at the point of rotating the carb to remove the float bowl, you’re also at the point of removing it from the bike.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Main jet advice
Reply #31 - 12/21/19 at 13:18:26

Gary makes a really good point. As a newbie, who was re-jetting, I messed around with jets a few times with carb installed. When I finally did the spacer mod, I pulled the carb. I put it off because some people on the forum made it sound like it was really difficult ... it's really not.

Ya start out a bit apprehensive because you have to 'persuade' it back into the rubber boot. But once you realise that rubber is tough it becomes easy.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 22:58:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Main jet advice

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.