Send Topic Print
Super thumper build (Read 113 times)
Welder92
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Super thumper build
10/26/16 at 12:08:04

I bought an 08 s40 about 3 months ago with hopes of making it into a bobber. Cosmeticly its about halfway where i need it bit i wanna beef up the motor. Im not really engine savy and am havin a hard time finding what i need for this build and where to find it so any help would be much appreciated

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Super thumper build
Reply #1 - 10/26/16 at 12:25:35

Lancer and  Verslagen can help you , find them in The Market Place

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 10/26/16 at 12:34:00

After proper jetting and a DYNA muffler, the camshaft and piston are the most bang for the buck.  The camshaft can be done with the engine in the frame - the piston requires the engine to come out of the frame.  While the head cover is off you can do the Versy head plug to keep the oil leak from occurring, and you should check your cam chain tensioner while you have things apart.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1466192918

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1436923466

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338603955/0#0

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338489898

Trimming away some of the donut in the exhaust port can also help a bit.....there is a restricting ring in the port that can be trimmed to provide a bit more flot.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 10/26/16 at 13:11:09

As a point of difference with Dave. In my opinion having proper breathing through the head is the "biggest bang for the buck".  If the ports are restrictive, there is only so much charge into and OUT OF the piston area.   And as anyone who has pulled the header and looked at the exuast port will tell you, that is one restricted stock exuast port.

The old.indian... Lectron carb, re-machined head, stage 3 cam, 94 mm /10.5 CR Wiseco piston, 1.75" O.D. single wall header, Dyna muffler.    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 10/26/16 at 17:22:44

Yea....trimming the end of the exhaust port can even be done with the engine in the frame.  You pull the header pipe, stuff a rag in the valve area to keep junk from getting back into the valve area - then use some grinders or abrasive wheels to trim away some (or all) of the donut.

I don't know how much difference it makes with all the other things remaining stock.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #5 - 10/26/16 at 18:36:02

One trick that is used that is an addition to Dave's rag is to put grease on the rag.  That will help grab any loose grinding debris and help limit anything getting past the rag and back into the valves / cylinder.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 04:11:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Super thumper build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.