LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
94mm Wiseco Pistons
06/17/16 at 12:48:38

I have just 6 left of the 94mm Wiseco pistons on the shelf waiting to go out.
They are Forged High Compression Pistons, just like the 95/96/97mm Big Bore, except that they have a 94mm bore just like our stock piston, so they DO NOT REQUIRE BORING YOUR CYLINDER.  
All you need do is give your cylinder a good hone, install and power off with a significant boost in compression.  
It goes from the stock 8.5:1 up to 10.5:1 ... and that is SIGNIFICANT !
Put some POWER behind that THUMP THUMP THUMP !!!

These pistons are $199 + shipping.  

In the US shipping/insurance is $15.
International shipping cost will be determined on a case by case basis.

Check out Old Indian's posting about his experience with one.

IP Logged
jwenrich
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 94mm Wiseco Pistons
Reply #1 - 08/23/16 at 15:58:46

I've been wanting to do the big bore 97mm change for a while now. Came across this post and now I'm wondering; Is there a significant difference between the 97mm High Comp and the 94mm? It would be nice not to have to bore out the cylinder, but how much power would the larger bore get me vs just a higher compression?

2012 Savage: dyna American custom, Raptor petcock, Elev: 200ft 55, 147.5, 2/3 Spacer
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 08/23/16 at 20:30:55

jwenrich wrote on 08/23/16 at 15:58:46:
I've been wanting to do the big bore 97mm change for a while now. Came across this post and now I'm wondering; Is there a significant difference between the 97mm High Comp and the 94mm? It would be nice not to have to bore out the cylinder, but how much power would the larger bore get me vs just a higher compression?

More than likely 5%, maybe a little more, that is why I had the 94mm made.  The boost in compression is by far the biggest generator of power.
The size difference between the 94mm bore and the 97mm bore is only 42cc in the end, which is maybe 8% of engine volume. Going from 8.5:1 to 10.5:1 CR is a 20% increase in compression.  It is not exactly apples to apples but the differences are significant.
And then there are the costs: $575 vs $200-250...almost 3 TIMES more with the big piston.
It's kind of a slam dunk with everything considered.

IP Logged
jwenrich
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/24/16 at 08:27:48

Does the higher compression require additional changes to the carb setup? Or would the carb upgrade become optional, as the cylinder volume hasn't changed?

Would the piston be essentially "plug-and-play" with all the parts supplied?

2012 Savage: dyna American custom, Raptor petcock, Elev: 200ft 55, 147.5, 2/3 Spacer
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 08/27/16 at 17:33:54

Sorry, I forgot to answer your other question.
Carb upgrade is always optional, whether the cylinder volume changes or not.  You do benefit from having a carb that is built for performance, not one designed and built for economy.  A performance carb will provide more fuel flow in a given time when compared to a CV carb, and do it more quickly, resulting in a very noticeable increase in responsiveness.
-So, no you do not have to change carbs but you get more responsiveness and power by doing so.

If  you keep the CV, you will likely need to reset/tune with the high compression piston.

« Last Edit: 09/05/16 at 16:20:09 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/22/16 at 17:34:17

Lancer, with the high compression pistons are there any problems with valave clearence with either the stock cam or the high performance ones you sell? Also, does the piston come with rings?

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #6 - 09/22/16 at 19:46:40

As an FYI I have a high lift cam AND the Wiseco piston ...NO valve clearance problems even when wound to 7,500 RPMs...  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 09/23/16 at 03:09:38

All of the Wiseco piston sizes work with all of the available cams.  They are all "plug and play" - you bolt the parts in and go.

The Wiseco pistons come with rings, pin, clips.

And, if you are somewhat penny pinching but want the most bang for your buck - I would install the piston first, a performance cam next...and do the carb last.  I rode for a year with a 95mm Wiseco and a bigger cam, and the stock carb - and the engine ran great.  The next year I put on the Mikuni round slide carb, and it did change the way the engine responded - but not as much as the piston and cam did.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 09/24/16 at 20:15:29

Ok, great advice! Thanks Dave.  Grin

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #9 - 09/27/16 at 14:36:20

Just saw this...

Will the higher compression piston create higher head temps?
Any negative on that?
I've been messing with 2-strokers of late so my mind is working that way now...lol

I find the idea of bumping performance w/o a rebore very interesting in addition to being less work...I was thinking about getting a new nitride cam chain and figure if I pull the engine for that this would be an easy peasy upgrade...

Would you have to hone the cylinder? and if so, how?

Also, can you post a link to oldindian's experiences with the high compression piston?
thanks!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 09/28/16 at 03:53:07

Bumping the compression does make more power, and requires the use of premium fuel - but I don't believe it increases heat noticeably,  When you are cruising down the road at a steady speed, it requires a certain amount of power - by bumping up the compression you can make that same HP with a bit less throttle....the engine is making the same amount of HP either way, so I don't believe it makes any difference.  Under full throttle acceleration if might make a bit more heat - but how long can you hold the throttle wide open? (From a standing start - 20 seconds is about my limit.) Smiley

You do need to have the cylinder honed to install a new piston/rings.  If you don't have a hone - you need to take the cylinder to a shop that can do it.

I have been running a 95mm Wiseco piston for the last 6,000 miles, and I love it.

IP Logged
jwenrich
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/22/16 at 12:56:00

Been doing some research into how to access the piston and it appears to be quite the job.

Do you know of a clear posting on the forum that describes the tear down? I've seen a couple, but you may know of a walkthrough I haven't come across.

Also, which gaskets am I going to need to replace through this process?

Anything else I should consider doing while the engine is out and open? I'm already thinking the head plug from verslagen.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 11/22/16 at 13:19:29

The best "instructional" document is the Clymer manual.  It provides a step by step instruction for taking things apart and putting them back together.

You will need a head gasket, cylinder base gasket, a tube of Suzukibond, and the odd shaped O-ring that fits between the cylinder head and head cover at a minimum.  Depending on the year and how old the other rubber parts are...you may need/want to replace the valve adjustment cover O-rings, the sealing washers on the head cover screws....and you should put in a Versy cylinder head plug to prevent future oil leaks in that area.  I am also beginning to believe the copper washers on the cylinder studs should be replaced (or the original ones annealed and made smooth before re-using them), as a few members have developed oil leaks at these copper washers.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #13 - 11/22/16 at 13:35:20

Since you are that far apart, I recommend that you check the cam chain adjuster while you're at it.  In fact thinking about it, all the tension will be off the cam chain and the stock adjuster is very likely to come apart. (Not Good).    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
jwenrich
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/28/16 at 12:16:40

Thanks for the heads up on the cam chain tensioner.

Ok, did some shopping. My bike is a 2012, with about 5-6K on it. Most gaskets should be in great condition, so any I can re-use would be great. I put the 3 biggies in a cart though.

Are these the three I need to replace? Am I missing any vital gaskets that wont be re-usable?

http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d33079f8700232d0b3db20/cylin...

Part # 9, 10

http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/50d3307af8700232d0b3db21/cylinder

Part # 8

Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 04:47:43

General CategoryThe Marketplace › 94mm Wiseco Pistons

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.