Yesterday (Read 56 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Yesterday
10/23/16 at 09:08:54

Fifty degrees , dressed in layers, headed downtown to the
BACA rally. Never been to one. Didn't even Know there was a ride out to Marshall, ran into a guy, he headed me that way, I peeled off to get gas, stripped coveralls, gassed up and went hunting for what he was shouting at me riding,, and when I got there, cops had 259 North shut down as bikes poured from the Target parking lot. Somewhat disorganized and slow they rolled out, took almost twenty minutes, two bikes ahead of me, sitting on 259, by the cop car, and we will fall in behind everyone else. Cars were wanting Out of the lot, I was separated, dead last, and wanting to catch up, but it's a 55MPH limit, cop pulls up behind me, then beside me, points to the group, I nod, he gets in front, and kicks it up to 90,  WOWZAZZ,, I got hooked up with the group,  the 90 ride lasted a bit over a minute,,
FINALLY I get to chase the cops,,
And, FWIW, 90 was all it had..

My day ended at 11:15 P.M., and I will tell more later..
For now, just WOW, what a great Day!

I didn't Know what I was even going to. Some guy at the store started talking to me about being downtown Saturday morning,, so I went, and had no idea about anything,  I never saw this.

http://www.motorcyclelife.net/motorcycle-events/motorcycleevent.cfm?ID=18180

Till five minutes ago.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Yesterday
Reply #1 - 10/23/16 at 11:14:03

Sounds like it was a good ol' Texas time.

Best 5 years of my Army career were spent at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio. Some great rides up in the Texas Hill Country.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/23/16 at 13:40:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/23/16 at 09:08:54:
, cop pulls up behind me, then beside me, points to the group, I nod, he gets in front, and kicks it up to 90,  WOWZAZZ,, I got hooked up with the group,  the 90 ride lasted a bit over a minute,

Shocked Shocked Shocked...  Coooooool!... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/23/16 at 14:32:21

Just minutes after I got joined up, the line Stops, hear a siren coming up on us, I had already pulled over and shut off, not sitting idling,, Someone managed to crash, tore it up, he's hurt bad, so we were told by a guy during a band break.
So, the last third of the riders got to the shindig pretty late.

But, while sitting, looked up and there's a sidecar,,
Hmmm, that kid looks familiar, looked at the passenger, Hmm, one of my daughter's friends,, we talked a bit,

On the road someone had a drone he was part of the event.
Video goes up Tuesday, pretty sure I'm going to to be in there.

So we head back to Longview, cars shut down, 18wheelers shut down, people on fences taking videos and waving,no telling how many places we are plastered on line, back of the pack, gives people a chance to think..

Hmmm, that is a Buncha dang bikes.. let me grab a camera..

So, get back to town and parade through town,people directing parking, they had more bikes than they were really ready for I think, some waiting to get directed to parking,then we lined a street,
The bands were good, the beer, $5.00 each, water $2.00 a frikking PINT,  $13.00 later I was ready for home.. it was cooling off, and from a just beautiful day, I got down to short sleeves, no thermal stuff,nice,, and from ten o'clock, it started dropping, the parking lot was full of people who were seeing what the ride home was looking like.

All in all, GREAT DAY,  and then, the clutch cable patch let go.

I Flintstoned it away from three lights, get rolling, step on the shifter and gas it,, and get to grabbing gears..
I knew it was flaky, but now I know that slug isn't good metal,it's gone anyway, I'll find something I can get a copper bushing on and solder up,
Sposeta have a new one Tuesday,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 22:15:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Yesterday

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.