Send Topic Print
Cam swap? (Read 210 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Cam swap?
Reply #15 - 09/25/16 at 18:57:59

Blue, That GSXR looks like it belongs in futuristic syfy movie, looks scary fast,I know it's scary fast. I like life & freedom, if I had that I would be in jail or dead. Thats why I build singles ! But it sure is badass !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 09/26/16 at 04:10:18

Ruttly wrote on 09/25/16 at 15:48:19:
I used Webcam standard grind has a little more lift & duration than stock, I didn't want a camy feeling engine just wanted it to breath and be dependable. Also had rockers hard welded.!

All of the cams that Lancer sells are very reasonable.....and make a good running engine.  They are not wild grinds, and they don't make the engine run poorly at low revs.  Originally there was a Stage 1 and Stage 2 grinds.  I have the Stage 1 in my engine as I wanted a smooth running engine - but not that I have been around them for a while, I believe all the grinds are reasonable......Oldfeller has a Stage 2 in his bike, and it runs smooth as well (but it makes the best power at a bit higher rpm).  (An early DR650 cams can be used in the Savage engine - but  even the stock DR cams are far wilder than anything that is made for the Savage).

Lancer later made a Stage 3 cam that has the duration of the Stage 1 with the higher lift of the Stage 2 - and currently it is the only grind he is selling.  I will be putting one of those cams and a Nitrided cam chain in my engine this winter.

I had my rockers welded also - but the current price is $ 130 each!  The rockers used after 2005 have hardened inserts and are half the price of the welding (about $50 each), and they work just fine with the Webcam grinds.

« Last Edit: 09/26/16 at 05:47:56 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 09/29/16 at 18:49:29

Armen , Was curious what cam you decided on ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #18 - 09/29/16 at 18:55:32

Sounds like only one is available.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:41:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam swap?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.