It just Quit (Read 97 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
It just Quit
09/24/16 at 20:44:22

Playing videos,
So, I cleared history, cookies, whatever else it does.
And, still no video..
Kindle,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: It just Quit
Reply #1 - 09/25/16 at 03:33:24

Reboot?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 09/25/16 at 05:08:02

You are talking about an AMAZON product with a custom OS using custom drivers that are sent to you over the air periodically.

Either you got a bad upgrade or your hardware has died, or perhaps the Amazon software grew an issue internally due to programmer error (which does happen with all OS products, occasionally)  -- in either case you got Amazon's warranty to fall back on, plus any extension to that warranty that you purchased.

It's Amazon, complain to Customer Service.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 09/25/16 at 07:08:22

It's also kinda like 2 years old.
I'll look online! Maybe there's a video, showing how to fix it!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 09/25/16 at 07:39:04

Well, apparently it's different if I turn it off, on purpose, and back on, instead of walking away and just letting it time out.
Anyway, it's back.

When it starts acting crappy I pop the back off and disconnect the battery and hit the pwer switch contacts with an eraser..
A SS pocket ruler will trip the catches.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 09/25/16 at 08:34:21

Now the clock is back where I can see all of it,  
Anyone who has a problem with the Kindle needs to learn how to pop the back off.
There's a video, and they have the
Special Tool,
But you don't have to have that.

IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #6 - 09/26/16 at 04:09:16

I'm certainly not an expert but from what I've read and experienced, even tablets perform a P.O.S.T. (power on self test) when completely shut down and turned back on again. If I'm having trouble with my kindle or phone doing funky things, I'll shut it down, wait about 30 seconds and crank it back up again.

I've met a lot of people who thought that it was turned off just because the screen was off but for most phones and tablets, that's not really the case. Most mobile devices are set to go into sleep mode after 1 or 2 or 3 minutes. It saves a lot of batter power if they do that. But it also makes it very, very fast to "wake up" and use it again.

If you want it off, you must intentionally shut it down by holding down the "wake/sleep" button and the follow the instructions it gives you. Like, for the iPhone, it'll say... "Swipe to power off".

Or, of course, if the battery runs out all the way, it has no other choice then to turn completely off.   Roll Eyes  But I've also read that's pretty bad for the lifespan of the battery so I try not to ever let the battery capacity down quite so low.

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #7 - 09/26/16 at 17:47:05

My tablet which is android ,has a reset  setting ,i'm not sure where it would be located on your device, but it formats and resets it back to  original condition.

https://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdT...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/26/16 at 19:25:40

There IS a complete RAM clear, factory settings thing, but Ohhh, boy, then I have to get my wife to set it all up..
I'm okay with popping the back of it off and unhooking the battery.

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #9 - 09/27/16 at 04:00:20

oh I forgot to mention ,i have two older android tablets ,and youtube wont play on either of them either , i think the browsers might need a flash plug in or something. or some update.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 23:36:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › It just Quit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.