Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage will sometimes not start. (Read 41 times)
Graven754

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Savage will sometimes not start.
08/12/16 at 20:43:55

So I got out of the gas station today and when I went to crank my bike it knocked once an then all the electrical cut out. I sat there for a few minutes constantly trying to start it then suddenly the electrical came back and I could crank it.
I figured it was just a one time deal so i went riding again. Again i leave the service station and it does the same all electrical cuts out. Conveniently the last time the electrical stayed on if it was leaned over onto it's kick stand. Granted that could just be a coincidence but it's gotta be worth mentioning.

So is this a short in my ignition wiring or something?

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Savage will sometimes not start.
Reply #1 - 08/13/16 at 12:44:13

I don't know what is wrong so I'll reply just to bump your post back up on the list where some of our electrical experts might see it.  How long have your had your Savage?  You are aware that you need to have the kickstand up in order to start the bike.  Sometimes that kickstand switch causes problems.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 08/13/16 at 12:58:33

If you can't fix it with a hammer it must be an electrical problem Smiley It could be (seeing you have no power anywhere ) a loose or dirty battery cable(be sure to check the ground cable where it connects to the crank case ,near the oil sight glass. Also you might check for loose connector under your gas tank as they have been known to cause this type of problem.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/13/16 at 15:12:15

Check grounds.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 15:37:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage will sometimes not start.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.