Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Another tyre changing tool (Read 213 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Another tyre changing tool
Reply #15 - 07/22/16 at 12:53:51

gizzo wrote on 07/22/16 at 11:43:16:
You can lift the front off the ground with the sidestand and a length of wood under the other side, same as the back.
Build off sounds fun. I'm in. And mine will look the worst!

I don't know if I can make it look bad on purpose.
challenge accepted.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 07/26/16 at 23:27:03

I've got an old fork lift attachment, with a 3 point hookup for the John Deere.
Wonder what I cold rig up with that ? ?

Might be a bit heavy to take on a ride though.

But, it would give me chance to break in my new little welder !

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #17 - 07/27/16 at 22:18:26

In repairing a flat tire yesterday and today, (I had a hard time finding an inner tube the correct size), I used one of the homemade $10.00 lifts that I had made for a V-Star.

It worked really good, and then I put a stack of 2x4s under the frame by the muffler mount and pounded in a couple of shim shingles to stabilize the bike.

This lift works good for those of us that are not as strong we used to be. The leverage gained with a 4' section of black iron pipe built in to it is real advantage to lifting.

Kenny G  

IMG_05871.JPG
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #18 - 07/28/16 at 06:32:18

But could you take it on tour, Kenny?  Wink

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #19 - 07/28/16 at 10:19:19

Gizzo,

If you loan me a pickup truck I can take it along where ever I go.....

Kenny G Undecided

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 07/28/16 at 11:40:49

KennyG is a smart man. Look closely... He has his rear bushings labeled before he takes them off and gets them swapped.   Wink Wink Wink

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #21 - 07/28/16 at 12:12:06

Heh, I'm not sayin' I'm a smart guy but I was cleaning the bike a bit last night and chuckled when I saw the sharpie R and L on my rear bushings.

I built that same cheapo lift but had to add a piece of 2x4 when I went to the larger rear tire.  I had a piece of 4X4 on my scrap pile that ended up being the exact height to also wedge under the muffler mount once the bike was on my lift.  Keeps it really stable with the rear tire off the ground.  If I'm doing anything "vigorous" on the bike, I also have big eye bolts in each end of the lift for tie down straps.  It's how I did both front and rear tires at the same time.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 07/28/16 at 12:33:04

So I was looking at my favorite jack stands the other day...
All you would need to do drill some holes then you can use a bar to lift the support up and the stop would just snap into the next slot.
Select the next hole and repeat.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 07/28/16 at 13:14:40

If'n I was going to put it up on that to take off wheels and such, i would drill an 1 1/4" hole thru the bottom and run a pipe thru it about a good two feet long.
So the bike would not tip forward or backward, and it would give you a margin of safety Smiley

Haven't made one as of yet because I previously purchased a motorcycle jack for my big ol' harley and I just use a board to even up the surface under the offset area.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #24 - 07/28/16 at 13:39:37

Tocsik, that image looks like you parked in a bad neighborhood and the thieves were too "smart" to realize they could just carry off the complete bike, and instead opted to put the bike on blocks and steal your wheels and tires.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh...and I too have the sharpie "L" and "R" on my bushings  Cool Cool Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #25 - 07/28/16 at 14:12:57

old_rider wrote on 07/28/16 at 13:14:40:
If'n I was going to put it up on that to take off wheels and such, i would drill an 1 1/4" hole thru the bottom and run a pipe thru it about a good two feet long.
So the bike would not tip forward or backward, and it would give you a margin of safety Smiley

Haven't made one as of yet because I previously purchased a motorcycle jack for my big ol' harley and I just use a board to even up the surface under the offset area.

Yep.  The end closest to the camera has the big pipe used to raise the bike and I drilled a big hole in the other side of the lift that goes all the way through.  I stick a pipe through that when I feel the need because I didn't want the bike to roll the lift forward if jostled.  I didn't have the right size pipe handy that day but you can see one of those old red steering wheel lock bars being used, sticking out the front of the lift.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #26 - 07/28/16 at 14:38:44

It is a good cheap system that works... just didn't see the pipe Smiley

good add on those eyelets too!

I'll be needing a new set of rubbers for mine, so it will be on the lift soon Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #27 - 07/28/16 at 15:16:50

stewmills wrote on 07/28/16 at 13:39:37:
Tocsik, that image looks like you parked in a bad neighborhood and the thieves were too "smart" to realize they could just carry off the complete bike, and instead opted to put the bike on blocks and steal your wheels and tires.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh...and I too have the sharpie "L" and "R" on my bushings  Cool Cool Cool

Yeah, Stew.  That's Suzi's new floating speeder bike!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #28 - 07/29/16 at 06:59:41

never did mark my bushings like that, I just set them on their respective sides of the bike

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:42:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Another tyre changing tool

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.