Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Read this........
07/14/16 at 16:39:25

My Democratic Problem With Voting for Hillary Clinton
Eddie S. Glaude, Jr. from  TIME July 12, 2016

Eddie S. Glaude, Jr., is the chair of the Department of African American Studies at Princeton University and the author of Democracy in Black.
I'm turning my back on the party that turns its back on our most vulnerable.

I am not voting for Hillary Clinton, regardless of her endorsement by Bernie Sanders. My decision isn’t because of the scandal around her emails or because of some concern over her character. My reasons are pretty straightforward. I don’t agree with her ideologically.

Democratic values centered on economic and racial justice shape my own politics. I’m not convinced those values shape hers. Nothing Clinton says or intends to do if elected will fundamentally transform the circumstances of the most vulnerable in this country—even with her concessions to the Sanders campaign. Like the majority of Democratic politicians these days, she is a corporate Democrat intent on maintaining the status quo. And I have had enough of all of them.

What has Clinton offered the American people as a substantive alternative to the status quo? How would her position on free trade, her view of foreign policy, on immigration, her call for “common sense policing” in the face of the murders of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge or Philando Castile in Minneapolis redirect our course as a nation? Transform the condition of black and brown communities?

Given the state of the country and of black and brown communities, these questions must be asked. But for many, especially for Clinton supporters, these questions reek of the unreasonableness of the American left or of people like me: that somehow to ask them reveals that we don’t understand the incremental nature of American politics or that we have crossed over into some forbidden realm of politics.

Nothing of the sort is said when Republicans reject Trump on ideological grounds. Many, like Jeb Bush, argue that Trump isn’t a true conservative, and that they will not vote for him or Clinton. This is seen as reasonable, and pundits rarely question the integrity of those who hold such views. But to argue something similar about Clinton is immediately dismissed. We are labeled electoral nihilists.

That difference reveals the spectrum of American politics: that it moves from the center to the far right. There seems to be little room for genuinely progressive politics left of center in this country. (The legacy of the Democratic Leadership Council ensured that.) We are told that our only viable option is Clinton. Get behind her or risk the future of the nation, they say. Political hokum.

This narrowing of the political field joins with a celebration of an easy form of identity politics. Many laud the fact that Hillary Clinton would be our first woman president. But, beyond the symbolism, what would that mean for women at home and abroad?

We have seen a version of this movie before, right? In 2008, the country celebrated the election of Barack Obama as the nation’s first black president. But that celebration did not come with a demand for actual policies that might substantively affect the lives of African Americans in this country. Many just felt good about the idea of a black president. Now, as Obama prepares to leave office after eight years, African American communities lay in ruins, and we continue to find ourselves engaged in this haunting ritual of grieving in public for another black life killed by the police.

It is not enough that Hillary Clinton might be our first woman president. Symbolically that would be significant, but the more important question rests with how her economic policies would affect the lives of working, poor women and children here in the United States and around the globe. How would she shift the frame of US aid policy and its impact on developing countries? How might her hawkishness affect the lives of vulnerable women and children? If none of that matters, then we might as well celebrate Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady, because she was a woman.

Anti-racism and anti-sexism have become easy positions for Democratic political elites. We hear politicians talk about voting rights or Roe v. Wade, or stand in the pulpit with black preachers or express solidarity with women around the world, and we assume that their policies reflect their rhetoric. On closer examination, nothing could be farther from the truth. It’s just the latest instance of a puerile multiculturalism that changes little and allows a few people to feel good about themselves.

I am not suggesting that anti-racism or anti-sexism (or identity politics generally) don’t matter. But they can’t provide cover for business as usual—a version of neoliberalism dressed in multicultural Chanel.

Perhaps the most persuasive reason to vote for Hillary Clinton is Donald Trump. Trump is worse. I know that. The prospects of a Trump presidency—what would be a deadly combination of arrogance and ignorance—ought to frighten anyone. It frightens me. But my daddy, a gruff man who has lived all of his life on the coast of Mississippi, taught me that fear should never be the primary motivation of my actions. It clouds your thinking, and all too often sends you running to either safe ground when something more daring is required, or smack into the danger itself. (I learned a similar lesson after reading William Faulkner’s “The Bear” in Go Down Moses.)

The real danger goes beyond the demagoguery of Trump and the racist bile of some of his supporters. The danger is that the way we live our lives as Americans, no matter our optimism about the future, is no longer sustainable.

We can’t continue to live with the current level of income inequality. Hard working people are working longer hours for less pay. And politicians and their benefactors continue to argue for trade policies that have decimated the working class in this country. We can’t continue to lock up black and brown people or watch them killed in cold blood by people sworn to protect us or fail to publicly educate all of our children. We can’t continue to bomb people around the world into oblivion.

We can’t even approximate a robust idea of the public good when filthy rich people believe that the only role of government is to facilitate the transfer of public dollars into private hands, and the function of politicians is to make us believe that it is in our best interest that we allow such a thing to happen.

In the end, Donald Trump is just an exaggerated indication of the rot that is at the heart of this country. That fact of Trump alone, and the democratic anguish that goes with it, cannot be the only rationale to support Hillary Clinton. Something more substantive is required of us—of her.

Many, despite what I’ve written, will still vote for Clinton. I do not fault them—especially if they live in a hotly contested state like Ohio or Florida. Vote for Clinton to keep Trump out of office. I completely understand that. But I can’t vote for her.

I will vote down ballot, focusing my attention on congressional, state, and local elections. And I will leave the presidential ballot blank. I have to turn my back on the Democratic Party that repeatedly turns its back on the most vulnerable in this country, because the Party believes they have nowhere else to go. That false belief betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of this period of democratic awakening.

We find ourselves in a peculiar moment in American history, crystallized by profound grief and the hard, pressing work of imagining a future under siege by the callousness and greed of the present. A renewed democratic faith in each other is required to change our course. Thin imaginations will seal our fate. But, I see that faith blossoming throughout the country (even with all the tears and anguish). The Sanders’ campaign was just one bloom. Everyday people are standing in democratic opposition, shouting with Melville’s Bartleby Scrivener, “I prefer not…”

I will say the same to Hillary Clinton come election time.

WOW, all I can say is WOW.....
To me, this is hope, a real understanding that a man who has a deep understanding about his race, and how they have been pawns, is telling the truth.
If you recall I said that BLM was driven by the same energy that sprouted the Tea Party, only to be consumed by the political machines.
However, evidenced by this story, that seed is still viable.....

Tho many have a wide preference, and opines differ greatly, we will be bound by a common bond of knowledge of who these "elitist" are and how they "pitted" us against each other to empower them.

The republicans are further ahead with the turning away the favored son to be president, Trump aside, and now the democrats are awakening to the Aristocracy of Clinton......

YES!

It might not happen this cycle, but it will happen, just look at this paragraph from the above article:
The real danger goes beyond the demagoguery of Trump and the racist bile of some of his supporters. The danger is that the way we live our lives as Americans, no matter our optimism about the future, is no longer sustainable.

The very last word, folks, says it all......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Read this........
Reply #1 - 07/14/16 at 16:54:40

Really?
You Still believe BLM is a grassroots movement?
Soros dumped millions in Ferguson.
And supports BLM

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/blacklivesmatter-leader-deray-lives-home-own...

BlackLivesMatter leader DeRay Mckesson may claim to be leading a grassroots revolution for racial and economic justice, but he has close connections with the privileged and elite.
Mckesson lives in a home owned by philanthropists James and Robin Wood in Baltimore, Maryland.
It’s the same address he used when declaring his residency on his campaign committee registration form for his failed mayoral run in the city’s Democratic primary earlier this year.
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 5.20.36 PM
The Woods have owned the home since 1996 and are wealthy donors to the Baltimore chapter of George Soros’ Open Society Institute.

owner

Robin is so active that she was made a board member of the far-left non-profit back in 2008, according to the OSI’s website.
The OSI site describes the Williams:
They moved to Baltimore in 1995, when Jimmy had the opportunity to return to his hometown to become director of the orthopedic faculty practice at Sinai Hospital. For the past five years, he has been chief of orthopedics at Harbor Hospital and Robin threw herself into nonprofit work in Baltimore, first with the Community Law Center. She has served on the boards of Associated Black Charities, Safe and Sound, the Baltimore School for the Arts and the Baltimore Community Foundation boards. In 2008, Robin joined the OSI-Baltimore board of directors. She is also now attending the University Of Maryland School of Law.

Soros groups have had several connections to #BlackLivesMatter organizers and activists.
According to Politico, the Soros backed group The Democracy Alliance donated to several race-based movement organizations that ally with the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
Internal documents from Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment, a group organizing the protests in Ferguson after the death of Michael Brown, showed activists being paid.
Infowars reported:
…MORE was one of the groups that received a share of the $33 million invested into the #BlackLivesMatter movement by billionaire George Soros.

On Monday, the Balimore Sun reported the 31-year-old agitator Mckesson is making a handsome salary courtesy of Baltimore school district taxpayers.
In his new role, Mckesson is earning a salary of $165,000 as the district’s third chief of human capital in two years, and manage of a budget of $4 million and 56 employees.

After being appointed last month, Mckesson said he was ready to get to work.

“At its core, this role is about finding great people, matching them to the right role, and helping them to develop and experience careers in the service of our kids,” he said. “I am excited to return to city schools … and to continue doing the work to ensure that every child in Baltimore City receives a world-class education.”

PEOPLE, stop believing everything you are told in the media.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 07/14/16 at 17:36:49

Do you READ.......?????  Grin

He bought those who he could, NOT, the reason why there was anything to buy, in the first place, unnertand?  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 07/14/16 at 18:14:24

Never, I don't unnertand,, perhaps a complete sentence,complete thought type of explanation is in order..
Or, Possibly someone who is more Asstoot than I Does unnertand and would uhspain it tu me..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/14/16 at 19:26:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/16 at 18:14:24:
Never, I don't unnertand,, perhaps a complete sentence,complete thought type of explanation is in order..
Or, Possibly someone who is more Asstoot than I Does unnertand and would uhspain it tu me..

Cry ma knee JOG, you is assute at this stuff.....

Alright, I am typing slow.

We have a two party system that really is only one, check!
Ain't really anything different between em' just who they trick is all, check.
They pretend to hate the other party, call them stupids, and commies, or rednecks, or racist, or homos, check.
But in reality they care not one twit to who they preach to, check.
They do this to keep their power by getting the sheep to focus on the other sheeps, check
Tea Partiers and BLM were bad sheep, check.
BLM got it Bernies face, bad, check.
Made the shepherds look bad.

Golly, if we shear em' and tan their hides, it exposes them, check.

So....

We find the sheeps that can be bought out, and minimize the rest, by making the bought one baaaaaa the way we want them to so everyone else will then see, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad sheep.

Neutered, they can't multiply  Grin

Scan.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 07/14/16 at 20:30:59

Tea party movement WAS, initially, a true Grassroots effort. Ron Paul supporters, mom and pop donations, and working to help the average American..
They got coopted by establishment types. Really, Sarah Palin is a Tea Party person? Every jackass trying to get attention ran out in front of that parade and pretended to be leading it, and they managed to besmirch the movement.

BLM is supported by Soros. It's a Destabilization effort. Soros destroys things and laughs about it.

Yes, I am astute at these things.

Tea Party and BLM are nothing alike.

You're getting the two party system thing down, though.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/15/16 at 03:36:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/16 at 20:30:59:
Tea party movement WAS, initially, a true Grassroots effort. Ron Paul supporters, mom and pop donations, and working to help the average American..
They got coopted by establishment types. Really, Sarah Palin is a Tea Party person? Every jackass trying to get attention ran out in front of that parade and pretended to be leading it, and they managed to besmirch the movement.

BLM is supported by Soros. It's a Destabilization effort. Soros destroys things and laughs about it.

Yes, I am astute at these things.

Tea Party and BLM are nothing alike.

You're getting the two party system thing down, though.

BUDDDDDEEEEEEEEE..........

One last stab at explaining  Grin

You're looking at the results of of these two "labels".....
I am talking about the "root" energy that cause these two groups to even sprout.
People are becoming sick and tired of being sick and tired by these folks, their gig is up, HOWEVER, they control the strings, how its reported, courts, business, etc, and these movements from their inception drop the scissors before they gain enough strength to cut those strings.....

A ground swell of discontent, for the status quo, is moving, it won't be turned back without damage to the current system, call it what you want, but it is a force against much of what that brought us to the present.

WHEW......  Shocked  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 07/15/16 at 06:44:00

Difference being, BLM is based in a falsehood AND SUPPORTED BY SOROS WHO DESTABILISES .
The tea party movement was a tru grassroots movement.
More whites are killed by cops.
More blacks are killed by blacks.
The only Important black lives are those ended by white guys.
Blacks killing whites, No News.
Blacks killing blacks, No News.
Black abortions eliminate over half of the Soon to Be New Black Lives in New York. ,And Nobody Cares.

We are being Sold a Perception. Wake Up.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:33:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Read this........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.